damn thermostats!

bigTlilODD

Ok, so the other day, the Jeep starts to overheat on my way to work. So at lunch I start it up, remove the radiator cap and after the engine should have been warm enough, the coolant never moved. AAAHAAAA! The thermostat must be bad. So I get it home, luckily it's been cold enough that it never overheated on the way home. I change the thermostat and it's all good. Well, I haven't driven it since because I needed to use the truck all weekend, for everything I did. This morning I get in, start it up and let it warm up to get the heater working. Well, it was so cold this morning, here in Albuquerque, that it never truly warmed up! The temp needle barely moved and I only got about luke warm air to come out! I almost wish I had the bad thermostat in, today!
image-missing.png
Then a great thing happened today. Ok, well, it was a nice thing. A lady walked by, after I parked and started to the office. She did a double take looking at the Jeep. She then turned to me and said, "I love those flames and the bones font for the 'wrangler' rocks!" That was a great way to start the day!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

yeah i recently went through a little overheating runaround myself... first i tried the thermostat (180 degree) but it still overheated, so i brought it into the shop and they replaced the radiator (it actually overheated so bad it stalled itself out!)...

-nate[addsig]

Back