dif kind of resto

69jeepcj

Im pretty excited. A friend of mine got a 63 impala ss a few yrs ago in perfect condition, all original except the engine. He wanted it taken apart and redone. He has had two dif people start work on it and they both had personal issues come up and had to back out of the deal. he has had the car taken apart, the frame powder coated, the last guy that had the car sold the rear end to it out from under him so he had to track down a new one. Its just been one issue after another with trying to get this car done. So.... we talked and I think he is going to let me take over the rebuild. I am a little nervous about it because like I said, the car is perfect and he wants to show it. I have redone many jeeps but never a show car, I dont know about this. I told him I would though so wish me luck. We brought the frame home yesterday and will be getting the rest of the car in the next couple weeks.

Sounds like a pretty cool project. Any photos?

That sounds great, 63 Impala is a great car and an SS on top of that. I'd be nervous too if it were me. I've got 2 vehicles of my own I plan on making real nice some day. My CJ5 has been good to practice on and sharpen my skills for the other 2. Just take your time, plan and think it through before you do things to the car. If you have to do any disasembly be sure to bag tag an label it all. Pictures help too especially so you can have the before and after recorded. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just remember it's a 63 impala, your not building a swiss watch. Good luck with it, keep us posted.

Back