Don't Panic......

larrymo49

....Like I did during the 1973 oil/gas crisis.

Gas was Rationed...Long lines...Feared the sky was falling.

Well, it did kill the Muscle Car era by allowing government to "choke" all of the power from engines to "clean the air" and "conserve fuel"..and added thousands to the cost of now underpowered cars and trucks.

Anyway, like I said...I Panicked...and sold my beautiful 1968 390V8 4spd. AMX to get an "economical" used Datsun (pre-Nissan) 1200 (90 h.p. I think).

Larrys68AMX.jpg

Larrys68AMXfrt.jpg

Larryand68AMX.jpg

What a Dummy! :oops: ..but...

I learned my lesson...

With the current gas prices you might be tempted to unload your pride and joy (read...less than fuel efficient) Jeep or other great vehicle including a muscle car/truck.

No-one knows where things will end up with this economy...and everyone has to do what is best for them...but consider the history of economic scares and crises...Don't Panic...things have and will get better!

Jeep Safely,

Larry

Man that's a great looking car.

I couldn't remember a Datsun 1200, so I googled it. I can't believe you traded for this :shock:

image-missing.png

Hey Terry,

Thanks for making me feel worse.....:oops:

I can't believe you traded for this

I still kick myself on that one.

That little 2 seater AMX was a really sweet ride...I saw a restored '69 at the TMS Auto Show A couple of months ago...and it brought back a lot of good memories...especially outrunning all of those Chevelle 396's on the street.

Oh well, Live and Learn!

Larry

This is some very good advice you have given... Just passed it on to my brother last night; in a discussion about the disgusting totals on the pump when filling up gas tanks, he brought up the possibility of selling his Jeep, as even when he gets it back on the road, there's no way he'll be able to keep the 360 V8's fuel hunger satisfied. Heck, my roomie just 86ed his Cherokee; while the '05 Sebring he replaced it with is indeed more fuel efficient, and a bit more reliable, it's obviously not the same. For example, I'm taking a trip up to my property at the end of July... It's an open invite; all my friends are welcome to come and go any time during the week... How're you going to get through a mile of rutted, rocky, underwater, swampy, muddy, sandy two track in a Sebring?

Actually, I was at EBAY. A lot of old muscle cars have really lost their value. You can get a nice 1st gen camaro/firebird for under 20k now, down about 10k in last year or so.

So, this might be a good time to buy that old muscle car/jeep you have been wanting...

The HECK with the car, those white pants are SCHMOKIINNN!!!!

Yeah! AButterfly...Best pair of pants I ever owned...:shades:

Heck, my roomie just 86ed his Cherokee..

That's too bad Saurian...but everyone has to do what they think is best for them at the time...

So, this might be a good time to buy that old muscle car/jeep you have been wanting...

That's right Dave...Some of the best deals ever are made during these "gasoline crises"...

Thanks for making me feel the opposite of old..

Don't know what I said Jeepicon...but "You're Welcome"

On another note...I used to love to water ski and have owned several boats mostly for that purpose...but imagine the cost of a days outing on a ski boat that maybe gets roughly 3 miles to the gallon...whew! I am glad I don't do that anymore...(although I do miss it, but have too many other priorities now)

LauraonGlastronsmall.jpg

Larry

Nice AMX! But yeah, I sure hope things lighten up a bit. It's hard to be a kid with a CJ7 that gets 15 mpg! I'm working on that, though. Thanks for the lift!

Hey Larry wasnt the 1200 the front runner to the old B210?

Thats right Utah...the Datsun 1200 (also known as the B110)...preceded the Datsun B210. I actually owned 2 of them back to back...both 1971's.

Not a bad little car. The 1200 was quick...high compression 4cyl.... ran on Premium gas though...easily cruised 80 mph on the highway...towed a ski boat with it...but

still NO AMX!

P.S. When I had my second 1200 Datsun I also got my first 4x4...a 1974 International Scout...ahhh!...life was beginning to change for the better.

Larry

my uncle has an all original AMX, same specs as yours. when he graduated from High school it got put into storage cause he could not afford the insurance any more (1972 I think this was) he just took it out of storage last year, re-built the motor front and rear end and the thing is sweet!

my uncle has an all original AMX

Hey Johnny,

Would love to see a picture of your uncle's AMX if you have one (or two)...

fishing rules

Towing your fish and ski boat to the lake behind your Jeep with family/friends....Nothing Better Terry! Is that a flounder in the picture?

Larry

love those white pants Larry!:purple::purple::purple:

Back