exaust upgrade and a/c recharge! WOOHOO!

bugleboy

i am way over due for an a/c recharge, also im going to have a flowmaster super 40 muffler installed in a couple weeks, trying to figure out how to go about getting it installed, i could do a decent clamp job but id rather have it welded into place so im afraid my little jeeps gonna have to head into the shop, i cant really find any full exaust kits that include cat and 2.5" pipes with the super 40 for a cherokee, whats the best way to go about having it installed? kit or no kit? im kinda on a low budget ($300) and theres a hole or two down there so im expecting to have them say they need to replace everything anyway :p

just take it to a little muffler shop down one of the side roads and tell them you would like that muffler put in. it should only be about 50 bucks

I'm sure super was saying 50 to be installed without issues about having to replace all the parts. You provide the muffler.

okay im looking at a kit thats 105$ with a super 44 (much deeper) and it includes 2.5" pipes that are recomended and im pretty sure im gonna need a new cat

Most kits are from the cat back. You won't need to get a new one, bring it to a shop they'll put enlargers or reducers on.

allright i think im gonna head into the shop and see how much itll cost to have them do everything, your probibly right about the kit, ill just ask them about adaptors, back to the subject of the a/c recharge... WOOHOO! lol finally no more 90 degree weather for me :)

allright ill jut see about getting the adaptors then, thanks for the heads up!

alright im going to the muffler man (thats the name of the shop) at 7am tomorrow to get my exhaust done :) they have the super 40 in stock and the over the phone estimate i got was $180 and that includes the muffler, labor, hangers, adapters, and (roughly) tax, expect a video link of my cherokee startup with the super 40 tomorrow :) im pumped!

im here now watching the install, old ones out and the new one is sorta in lol just give it a little more time and he will have her all done

image-1094321772.jpg

Attachments

• image-748022224.jpg
    image-748022224.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 83
  • image-739190938.jpg
    image-739190938.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1673488041.jpg
    image-1673488041.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2836395246.jpg
    image-2836395246.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 101
here you are! a video of my new rumble :)

quite an improvement :) ill be able to fully enjoy it when the manufacture stickers finally burn off and stop making this awful burning smell :p
what do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-4242886541.jpg
    image-4242886541.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 84

Dang, that sounds better then my flowmaster, or whatever is under mine

thanks its got a slight drone at 45mph but 45 really means 50 lol and theres no drone at 50, im loving it, my milage for the next month is gonna suffer lol i like starting it just to give it a few revs and im in neutral at stop lights giving little pumps lol

You think that sounds good, when you are coming to stop light, down shift manually to first and listen to that. Do it at about 45mph. I do mine all the time because it reminds me of my old mustang I used to have

its an automatic, i know what you mean though one of my buddys has a new mustang and he does that all the time

mines an automatic also but you can still down shift. just put it in the lower gear as you are decelerating. the trans will shift when it meets certain fluid pressures and linkage requirements in the computers readings. it won;t hurt it.

i do mine all the time coming off the highway, just like i used to do in my 65. vroooommmmmm, bla bla bla bla, rumble rumble rumble. sound badass. once i figure how to convert an mov file to something i can load onto jeepz, i will put up a sound clip of mine too :)

Back