external sye?

abe

Does neone have and external sye? I have been looking in to them and had a few concerns and questions. I have been looming @ driveshaftsuperstore.com. looks like it would b a good fix to my vibe issues and a help off road too and its about 150$ cheeper than doing the work and time in an internal one. Help me out here I'm torn. should I just save my money a little longer? Also how the heck do I mesure for one if I choose to go with one? I do have a transfer case drop @ the moment. Will that affect the measurements? Thanks

Rubicon Express made a hack and tap SYE so you didn't have to crack the case open. Most places that sell shafts will be able to tell you what size you'll need based on what you are driving and lift. Measure from the center of each yoke for your new shaft.

Thanks ill look into that rubi express . I have a TC drop right now wolnt that throw the measurements off? And o might end up with a shorter driveshaft than I really needed ?

Yes it will throw it off slightly, measure to a point 1" higher at the transfer case to account for the drop.

I've installed dozens of HD SYE's and a few hack & tap SYE's, they're a decent setup. I ran a H&T in my YJ for a few years.

If your fear is opening the case, it is really not that difficult to do... It may take a whole day, but you will have it done. Keep in mind though, that if you change to a CV shaft, you WILL need to adjust the rear axle angle, which means taking the perches off and welding in new ones (otherwise, you will still have vibrations).

adjustable uppers. awesome. i thought id b done after the H&T. oh well i guess i better start looking an while im under there i might as well get an adjustable trac bar too. well i guess i better start telling the wife now so by the time i do order my parts she will think I "need" them lol . :D thanks yall i do appreciate the help and info.

Back