gas mileage?

jaypeakrida

i just bought an 2000 xj limited which is an automatic. with a 3" lift and a set of 31's, what can i expect to get for gas mileage? anyone willing to admit what they get?

RE: Why won

I get between 15 and 18 mpg according to the odometer on 30" mudders. Remember to compensate for the added tire diameter by multiplying by 10% to get the actual mileage.

.....really depends on how heavy a foot you have.

Hi,

Back when my Cherokee used to be addicted to gas I could get about 20 mpg out of it. But this required fairly conservative driving and the fact that it has a manual transmission helped a lot. Keep in mind that automatic transmissions are inherently less efficient than manuals and you will get slightly worse gas milage because of it.

-Nick :!:

RE: Just when I thought I was a mans man....

You won't know what you are getting unless your speedo has been corrected. This is done by replacing the speedometer gear with the correct one.

Mine gets about 12-13. Its a zj though with all time 4wd and a v8

Who else has had bad luck with Kragens? (this is a rant)

Mine gets 18-19 when I barely get on it. Most of the time I get 16. I'm going to get a K&N intake system and exhaust and see how that improves the mileage.

i get 20 with my '94 XJ sport 5 speed driving conservatively on 235/75/15's (before my spare went on the roof, i'll know in a few days when i gas up again)

Human Evolution Explained

it all depends on where you drive. My 95 XJ gets a bobut 20-22 on the highway, but in the city I get closer to 14 mpg, so due to the amount of city driving i do, I get about 16 average. The biggest way to waste gas though, is fast acceleration.... that just dumps gas. If you get a K&N filter(cone filter) and exhaust, you can expect to improve your mileage, because they help the car breath easier, and thus make them more efficient, while adding some power.

Back