Gear Oil suggestions.

L33TJ33P

Help with my transmission! I am new!

I am currently planning on changing out my Front and rear Diff fluid. any suggestions. I was planning to use Synchromesh but I wanna make sure that is a good thing.

It's a bit thin for diff use. I'd use any GL5 90W, use synthetic if you want the benefits.

Synchromesh is good for your AX15 or 5 manual transmission. I used
Mobil 1 synth SUV Formula 75w-140 for my diffs. Its about $12.95 @ qt. and it is suited for heavy duty use like towing. Also it already has any
additives in it for Trac- loc, etc.

i use a 90w mineral oil from canadian tire. 5 bucks a gallon...its works for me cause i change my diff fluid about once a month in the summer.

i use 80w 140, castrol synthetic i like the synthetic stuff i think it makes everything run smoother

on the subject of gear oil..whats good for a transfer case..i noticed mines a little low and the book just says use mopor equiv. oil. lots of help they are. its pretty much auto trans fluid right? like i seen ATFs with differnt numbers and all that..these things get me lost.

you really don't need a synthetic in the diffs.... especially with the ease of contamination... it is a lot of money to spend if you change it regularly

Back