Getting ready for Sandy

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else getting ready for Sandy? It's already blowing pretty hard outside, but not too much rain yet. I'm in VA Beach, and it should be here today or tomorrow.

Erin's (my wife) due date is in four days, so there's a real chance that she could go into labor in the middle of a hurricane :shock:

Anyone else getting ready for Sandy? It's already blowing pretty hard outside, but not too much rain yet. I'm in VA Beach, and it should be here today or tomorrow.

Erin's (my wife) due date is in four days, so there's a real chance that she could go into labor in the middle of a hurricane :shock:

Good luck to both you and your wife! Hope her delivery goes well. If its a girl will you name her Sandy?

Getting ready for the winds and flooding up here in New York. Putting the car away and pulling the TJ out to get through the potential mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be starting here early tomorrow morning.News is making out like it is the end of the world.I am pretty far inland.Only calling for gusts of wind up to 60 mph and about 4 inches of rain.All schools cancelled until further notice.I thin kit is a lot of over reaction.If I lived on the coast I could see more concern.GL Terry.

As you can tell the locals are just terrified :rolleyes:

Just incase its the end of the east coast, I am offering the use of my garage to store your jeeps.just send then to Arizona in care of Utah jeepster.

Sent from my McDonald's happy meal toy phone using Jeepz

Yeah, not too much happened in VA Beach. Plenty of wind and rain, but no damage at my place.

good for you guys. we get hurricanes alot too and its just wind and rain for us too. the last bad one was in the 70s or early 80s and it destroyed this city. but, back then, there was not early warning system, all wooden buildings, nothing structurally able to stand up to 100+mph winds. they hit us now and we bbq on the back porch and enjoy a free day off from work

Terry,

Hope you and your family (and everybody living there) are doing ok as America has been praying hard for you guys! We see all the devastation and damage Sandy has caused and we are blown away. They say these 100 year storms are happening every 2-5 years now, just incredible. Did your wife have the baby and if so we all pray things went well!

Back