Got in a rearender today

Craig

Got into a rearender today. First time I've ever been in an accident where I will be deemed "at fault" on my insurance. Where I live there is a rule that busses have the right of way and you can get a ticket if you don't yield to them. Seems to me the bus drivers have taken this to their heads a little too much and think they can just change lanes into traffic with no regards to other's around them. A bus was pulled over at the side of the road letting people off. He signaled then turned from a stand still into traffic which was traveling at about 60 kms/hr (about 40mph I think). The Honda civic in front of me slammed on her brakes and could stop on wet pavement a whole lot faster than me. I slid into the back of her at about 50 kms/hr. Not much damage to the jeep other than a dented front fender nose piece from my bumper mounted light slamming back into it. I know for sure I could've stopped in time if I had my truck with ABS. Not to mention I have brand new tires on the jeep which they say have a 400 km brake in period to take the silicone off used to eject the tire out of the mold at the factory. (I was warned they would be very slippery on wet pavement till they're broken in when I bought them) Here's a picture of her car taken on my camera phone.......

image-missing.png

Attachments

• rearender1.jpg
    rearender1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Nice job on that civic Craig! Geez it just shows how poor of a job they do making plastic civics these days

Oh ya. Forgot to mention that she said she was just on her way to fill out the paper work for selling it.

When I worked in Washington DC I grew to detest Bus Drivers, cabbies, and those dorks delivering packages on their bikes while wearing spandex shorts in the middle of the winter. All of them had no regard for anyone else. I couldn't imagine how bad they'd have been if they had a law giving them a green light to be that way.

Sorry to hear it, but at least you were insured and the Jeep fared well.

Wow! That Civic looks about as bad as my '67 Camaro did when it got rear ended by a YJ. I think it's the Jeeps though. That car had more steel in the license plate then the Civic did on the entire car. Oddly enough I held no grudge towards the Jeep and bought one myself.

Man I wish I would have been in my jeep when I got in my only accident. I rearended some chick (not as fun as you might think). the worst part was I was in my father-in-laws Toyota Solara and I nailed a Lexus something. Man the damage sucked from both ends. I was only going like 20 mph too. Thank god for insurance.....and brokeback mtn.

Back