gun owners

I just picked up a Ruger P 94 in the S&W .40 last month from davidsons. Handles great have fed about 250 rounds through it in various ammo brands, the only brand it hasn't liked is the aluminum case CCI Blazers. Can't go wrong with a Ruger, dead dependable guns for great prices.

Thicker gears or ring gear spacers?

I thought of Lethal Weapon 5, when Jet Li tore apart Gibson's gun in the manner mentioned above.

this is true. But Leathal weapon came out after 96. I was in the USMC Base Camp Fuji, Japan Armory in 96 when Cpl McDougle asked me to point the Barretta 9mm at him (AFTER I made him clear it in the fire barrell and show me that it was unloaded before handing it to me and checking it again, myself) I pointed it towards him and before I could even get the pistol all the way up, he showed me the Upper reciever. :shock:

As for Teaching young, I was a 5 y/o when my dad put a 12 guage in my hand and told me to fire it. he stood about 5' behind me as I pulled the trigger. As he caught the bruised and battered little boy that we all call Jason these days (ME) he let me sit down and picked up the shotgun which stayed in place yet sent me flying.
He calmly looked at me and asked, "Hurts don't it?"
Teary eyed I replied, "Yes sir!!"
He said, " And just think, THAT was the safe end, imagine what it would have felt like from the other end. NEVER, point it at anyone."

at 8 he gave me my first 4-10 for Rabbits and such. NEVER have I pointed a gun at anyone, other than the unloaded 9mm at the armory. but be rest assured, I will never hessitate if my Family or I are in danger.

That's a good story. I'll have to remember that one if I ever have a little one.
My Grandad was a State Trooper and taught me when I was young. He was the best shot I personally have ever seen and most of the time he shot right-hand guns despite being a lefty. He taught me the proper way to shoot and clean guns as well as being safe with them.
I later went on to shooting for the University of Alabama rifle team. I think that made him very proud knowing that he had started it all.
I hope I can do the same for some youngster in the future.

Ive been looking at the Ruger P97DC .45 anybody had any experience with that? Ive always had good experience/heard good things about rugers, but this would be my first handgun. Id like to get it fairly soon which means it has be be decent priced (I can get that ruger for about $345)

In a couple years the government should be providing me with a Sig Saur P220 .45 :)

Nathan

one thing i don't like about glocks is their safety system.... yeah, i realize they have the trigger safety... but i really don't understand it... if you're pulling the trigger, you're pulling the safety

soft top hardware removed. What does this mean?

I've got a few guns, My favorite is my recently purchased
AK-47 in .308.
I've also got a ruger p-85 in 9mm, and that's also a blast.
I love going shooting at the range. I have to agree as mentioned above,
keep it loaded but keep it safe too (away from the little ones)
Neal

one thing i don't like about glocks is their safety system.... yeah, i realize they have the trigger safety... but i really don't understand it... if you're pulling the trigger, you're pulling the safety
Yeah, I didn't like that either. The Springfield XD's are the same way except they also have a grip safety like the old Colt 1911 that disengages when you squeeze the grip. Both have a longer trigger pull than most semi-autos which is part of that safety feature. The trigger pull is about the same length as a double action revolver.
Another thing about the Glock is that case they come in. It's a little injection molded case that has a dowel in the center that goes inside the trigger guard. It's there to hold the gun in place while in the box. It seems to me that if you have it chambered and drop the box that it would be likely to go off.

Another thing about the Glock is that case they come in. It's a little injection molded case that has a dowel in the center that goes inside the trigger guard.

yeah i agree with that because thats the case that mine came in. if you buy a brand new glock though they have the updated cases though with the padding inside. they are just like most pistol cases that you can buy. i did away with the "tupperware" case that mine came in and got a different one.

The SPringfield Armory XD series won the American Rifleman handgun of the year. It's similar to a Glock but better balanced and has an extra grip safety. I have the .40 cal in OD Green. It's nice

I just bought the XD in a 9mm. With the ported "V10" barrel. Great gun. But hard to get use to the flames shooting out the top of the barrel. It will also acept high capacity mags. You just need to cut a hole in the HC mag, in the same area as the standard issue mag.

And sorry to disappoint anyone, mines loaded, with black talons, and within reach at all times. Mine is for personal and home protection, so it being unloaded would be useless.

Dash conversion

I pointed it towards him and before I could even get the pistol all the way up, he showed me the Upper reciever.

My uncle was 82nd airborne and thought he was a bada$$. He said the same thing to me, so I did it with a pellet gun. As I raised it to "shoot" I dropped to the floor. He got a whole bunch of air and would've gotten a 2 and 1

I just got a springfield armory 1911-A1 in the OD Green...going to go shoot it today can't wait....like the look way better than my S&W 9mm and its much bigger

Green97TJ said:
Ive been looking at the Ruger P97DC .45 anybody had any experience with that? Ive always had good experience/heard good things about rugers, but this would be my first handgun. Id like to get it fairly soon which means it has be be decent priced (I can get that ruger for about $345)

In a couple years the government should be providing me with a Sig Saur P220 .45 :)

Nathan

Buddy of mine has had that gun for a while. He's never had problems with it at all. I will be getting a Rugger pretty soon. Actually, if you go to a gun show, you can probably get that Ruger under $300. Check it out.-al

I´ve got a HK P7, grip cocker. A small child doesn´t really have the strength to squeez it hard enough to shoot, also hard for somebody to turn your own gun on you. I most always leave the, barrel empty, unless things are imminant. I´ve practiced drawing and jacking one up the snout. A double tap with 9mm soft points, if it doesn´t stop him. will sure enough get his attention.
Taught the kids from, old enough to crawl, rather forceably, not to mess with my guns. When they got old enough to reason with, don´t mess with my guns, was one of a few rules, good for an instant ass beating. No arguement, no talking about, until after the red rear.
I carry daily, figure redundancy, is safer than relying on one level of deterance. I´m careful about packing my pistol away, but stuff happens, seriously educating the kids is another level of safety. Reduntancy has worked out for me so far. I even talk with my childrens friends and parents, a bit forcefully about the house rules.

don´t mess with my guns, was one of a few rules, good for an instant ass beating

It is just too bad that people are ignorant to the power of a good whoopin these days... When I was a kid, I got the fly swatter, the fishing pole, phonebook, swift crack to the head or..... THE BELT!!!!... but once I got a crackin from one of those methods, and I learned to never again do what I did to deserve it.

Today, if you speak to a child the wrong way, you are an abusive parent. Don't get me wrong... there is a time for talking and there is a time for whoopin.. and it is important to keep the boundaries firm

I'll stick with my Glock 17L 9mm. Long barrel, 17 round mags with 2 round extensions. I really want a Glock 18 (the full auto) with 30 round mags. :twisted:

I have owned guns for over 35 years.. my first was a .22 my dad bought me when I was 5 and trained us on. I have a CCW ( carry concealed permit) for over 12 years and have a Ruger 92 DC in SW .40 in a bag for that time a very reliable gun for the casual shooter and a CCW holder.
What everyone has said so far is my dad, uncle, my mom the marine drill instructor...lol had taught me from a young age.
Education is the key here. Teach them young and they will respect them.
Teach them young, and make them gun smart.
If you own a pistol, rifle or a class 3 automatic wepon you should be a member of the NRA, just like your local off road allience group that fights to keep your local trails open NRA fights to keep your 2 admendments rights.
Steven a life time member of the NRA.

floor mats

are there any places that are allowed to sell firearms online? i wouldnt buy one online, i just want to get an idea. i want to be able to take a look at some used prices and stuff.

Back