hardtop glass

73cj5guy27

So i got 3 tops with my cj5 when i traded it. the hard top doesnt have any glass in it at all. i been trying to find places that sell the glass and cant find anything. does any know were i can get all the glass for the hardtop

I've fliped my jeep one time allready and broke side glass out and one of the door windows out so I bought a sheet of lexan for 45 bucks used a rouor n cut out

Hey James, Love your town! I bought a 1940 Chevy from a guy up there 10 years ago. If you can make good cardboard templates there are glass shops that will cut and make the tempered glass for you.
Lexan although inexpensive will scratch easily and will fracture over time with deterioration from sunlight and heat not to mention the normal body flex issues.
2 great shops-one here Santa Clarita,Ca--Preferred Glass
and another in Burbank,Ca---- Zaun Glass
I have used both of these companies to manufacture glass for a variety of cars from Model A and T Fords to yes that 40 Chevy
Being that most Jeep Glass is all Flat it should not be too hard to find a shop to make it up for you.

ya there is a glass shop here too but they want a arm and a leg to do it. like they want 125 bucks to put my windshield in. but i might go to fresno or or just use lexan for now but i might not use the hard top to much cause i think i want to put like a ski and snow broad rack on it so a few times in the winter i would use it.

I went to the landfill and asked for the contractor who installs theirs, know and behold all 5 windows cost me 200$ and it's industrial strength glass and stripping. Couldn't kick it out with a running start

Back