Help me make a bumper

stan

NP207

:oops: Ive been trying to find some help on the computer for making a front and rear tube bumper for my cj7 i havent had any luck on the web, but know one of yall has a good idea on how to help me out, i need it to be perty dang rugged and any kind of help would be really appreciated, i just need some pics diagrams or suggestions to steer me in the right direction, i could probably do it, but i know a lot of yall know more about this kind of stuff than i ever will. :?:

I can send you the .DWG drawings for this
image-missing.png
front bumper.
Its a 51' long, 2' wide, by 5' tall 1/4 inch non-seam tubing with 3/16, 2'x3' angle welded onto the back to connect to the frame.
I added a 1/4 inch plate in the front to hold the licence plate since Utah requires a front plate and I dont like bending mine all to heck.
The cleves are 1'x3'x4' cold rolled steel and welded front and back of the bumper since they go all the way through it.
I used this design to since I wanted to keep the steering box cover plate as stront with 3 bolt on points.
I then used a black wrinkle finish paint...( the stuff sucks...tried it 4 times to get it right!) afterwards it dried to a rock hard finish.
the best part is we made 3 fronts and 1 back for only 158$.

I am making mine out of 2" X 3" X 1/4" steel and welding each end with 6 passes to seal it. It's going to be a double tube with a grill guard and be an onboard air tank also. It will have 2.9 gallons of volume and will allow for the use of air tools on the trail.

Back