Help with hardtop for CJ7

PoliceMonkey161

I need your help! I bought this hardtop this past weekend from a guy who said it was off of a YJ and I want to use it for my CJ7. I gathered from my earlier posting that this will work. However, I can't seem find one like this in any reference guide that looks exactly like this one. Mostly, the wipermotor is part of the fiberglass roof, not the rear window. The rear glass needs to be replaced (currently just a well cut place of plexi-glass).
front and top 037.JPG

front and top 038.JPG

front and top 039.JPG
Does anyone know what this roof is? It's dimensions seem to match up to the CJ tub. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

take a side shot. i bet its a cj7 top though. other then the wiper motor, its identical to my 87 yj top as far as the t-handle and the way it opens up.

Ok..... Question answered by my friends at Storks Auto (If you need parts, look them up on the web, EBAY, and feel free to name drop..... John C. from Baltimore). It is one of the very first YJ tops to be made. It was discontinued within the first year. Good news....... Only one place still makes the glass, bad news..... They know it and I be paying a premium for it.

have a glass shop cut one out for you. its just a flat piece and since they break so easy, it doesn;t seem like its shatter proof.

so the first year yj tops had the t-handles and then the rest went the other way? thats why mine looks like that. i took the t-handle off mine. it all worked but i got tired of having to open two things to get in the back. now its like the wife's 93 was, pull tailgate handle and lift

I like the idea of just going to a glass shop! However, that will most likely mean that I will need to install the top :( and take it to a shop. I would really like to restore the top is summer while I have time...plus here in Maryland we are in a heat wave currently.

All this is new to me, I have never had a hardtop on either of my CJ's. But I'm looking forward to a much warmer ride this coming winter.

Thanks again guys

i was looking on craigslist here and a top just like yours is on there. same motor set up, same color

Cool....How much? I only paid $75.00 for mine. The replacement glass, metal frame and plug kit was under $150 (shipping included) from Magoo's.

Seems like I got a good deal.... The same guy had a orginial CJ7 top with small crack near door way for $100. It was in good condition and the crack looks like it could be repaired fairly easy. If you are in the Maryland / PA area, PM me and I'll give you his number. Very fair man to deal with!

The are correct. The giveaways are the hinges and the cutout for the tailgate on the bottom of the hatch.

Ok..... Question answered by my friends at Storks Auto (If you need parts, look them up on the web, EBAY, and feel free to name drop..... John C. from Baltimore). It is one of the very first YJ tops to be made. It was discontinued within the first year. Good news....... Only one place still makes the glass, bad news..... They know it and I be paying a premium for it.

Speaking of rear windows for CJ7's, where can I find a rear window frame for the hardtop? .. I still have the glass but the frame is gone.

Back