help

73cj5guy27

is there any other forums out there that i can get answers please. really need help on my clutch but cant wait around need to figure it out by tomorrow. so if there r any other forums u guys use let me know or could someone help me out here

my clutch wasnt working right. had to start it in gear and as it started it would start driving. i pulled the body lift off and readjusted the clutch linkage and only have 1in movement on the fork and the pedal all the way up its at 7in and before the fork moves it goes to 41/2 then to 3 1/2 and still have 3 1/2 to the floor. could the clutch be bad?

What vehical? If it's the 73CJ then it has a mechanical clutch....must be play somewhere...I'd start at the bellcrank(where the clutch linkage goes over the frame) if one side is loos from the mount or worn it will create a lot of play.

ya its the 73 cj5 there is a lot of play somewhere but trying to find it. im thinking its a bad clutch but i want to do hydro on it but cant find any S 10's

does it engage when you step on clutch
if it don't engage all way you may need to extend the rod going to the fork
or just go hydrolic I used a toyota master cyl and slave cyl for a 86 land cruiser it ran me something like $70. I got it at napa

slave cyl part # 37525
master cyl part # 39751
as for the hydrolic line measure how long it needs to be from master to slave and match it up with what ever works for your application
mine in the 3b was 29inches out of a Subaru
I don't want to say that's the length yours will be since your jeep is bigger than mine ,
if you convert to hydrolic you'll be glad you did

i want to but low on money and been buying parts once a week if that haha but it i get a longer rod to the fork it will bind up on the linkage to the pedal and will flex my body but thats why im thinking its a bad clutch but i guess i could get a buddy over and have him help me with it to see what it is

well do u happen to know how much movement is suppose to be on the fork cause i think there should be at least 2 to 3in i would say but im not sure

mine has about 2 1/2 inches of movement that's on my 465 , should be about that for yours also
do you have any adjusters on the clutch shaft
if not it may need to be modified so it works properly

ya i have adjusters but if i adjust them to far i get into a bind like before so thats why im thinking its a bad clutch

Back