Hemi YJ?

Jeeper84

I saw the post for a 350 in a YJ.... but how about a new Hemi? You, know the ones in the Dodge trucks. How possible is that? All money aside... what are the things I'll need and problems I may run into. It won't be used to a rock crawler... just a mudder. Thanks! -Mike

It's possible, only limited by your wallet :lol: There has been Viper V10's crammed into Wrangler's, so the possibilities are endless. Just ask yourself, are the results worth the means?

I think they're definitly worth it. My Jeep's not going to be my daily driver forever hahaha. I just wanted to know what work would go into it. Also... I want to put 44" tires in. What frame modification or suspension mod would I need? 4" lift sprung over plus shackles and a little body lift? Thanks. -Mike :D

for mudding. I dont think I need a ton of wheel travel for mudding, do I? I'd want to be able to throw 38s in for trails. I'd like the idea of being in a Jeep with 44s too... personal preference, I guess. Thanks -Mike :D

What kind of diff's you going to run to handle the tourque you generate with the big HP and Big Tires! What you are doing is makeing a twisted fun to look at hard to drive monster Jeep. However I am looking from a pratical I use my jeep sort of way. Now as for a show jeep it would look crazy in a good way. Just figure what you plan to do with it and go for it a jeep can be anything you want it to be I guess. that is my 2 cents anyway tug

not so true...i saw a set of 44"s on a set of dana 60's on a dodge w/ a v8 so i think it would hold...i really think you would flip it though lol...talk about doin wheel stands

no, i wasn't saying the dana 60 wouldnt' hold more than a 38... i was saying that anything more than 38's are just too much overkill.. unless you plan on entering a monster truck show

I think you're nuts to go with 44"s but I live in Schaumburg too and if you do it I want to see! I will probably see you coming though anyway :D

I hope you guys don't think I'm a moron.... I just thought it'd be cool to have a Jeep on 44s... it wont be a totally perfect show Jeep, just something cool to look at that can also trailride and go mudding (when the tires for it are put on). I'd really like to buy a CJ-7 and have fun with that. Sandy, my YJ (the one I want 44s under), has had a rough and neglected life... I'd like to make her a looker and a doer, I think she deserves it. LOL please no flaming for my personification... you have to have a certain affection for vehicles like me hahaha. -Mike :D

Hey, Jay.... wanna come over and help me with my rear axle sometime? I'd really like to see your CJ too! I live on Auburn Ln (Springinsguth to Dartmouth and then a left onto Auburn). I can see Jane Addams Jr. High from my backyard. I'm sure you've seen me around. I have a champagne-colored YJ with a tattered top. There's only 2 or 3 in the area. Send me an email! mjaros@hedmanco.com I'll be able to check my mail from this account until 3:20. Or just email Terquilla@aol.com sometime later. Thanks! -Mike :D

No, we don't think you are crazy.. we just don't want you to get into spending money that you might regret spending... we've all had the giant dreams... but then most of us come down to reality and realize that our wallets like us much better if we do things right

There is an old CJ5 here in town with 44"s and it was never intended to go off road just a wall flower now ruined by time and negelect. I will try to get some picks of it for you. Now if you do not plan to drive with any seriousness you can even run it on an AMC 20 rear and a Dana 35 up front! This guy did and he still putts aroun town in it. The inline 6 is just not up to the big tires and I bet he seldom gets out of 2nd gear. hehehe Will go take pics in the morning. Tug :lol:

Back