I got DW. No, not Darrell Waltrip

I finally got new tires. I went with BFG All Terrains. Compared to the MT/Rs they don't look as good but they are quieter and smoother riding and I haven't had any wobble since. I hated the way the MT/Rs handled in the rain but I do miss the aggressive look. By the time I need to replace these the Jeep won't be a daily driver so I probably go back to mud tires then. It only took 5 months to fix it so hopefully this is case closed.

I finally got new tires. I went with BFG All Terrains. Compared to the MT/Rs they don't look as good but they are quieter and smoother riding and I haven't had any wobble since. I hated the way the MT/Rs handled in the rain but I do miss the aggressive look. By the time I need to replace these the Jeep won't be a daily driver so I probably go back to mud tires then. It only took 5 months to fix it so hopefully this is case closed.

Well, that's great news, south!!!! Especially since I've been having similar issues (I call it the "wobblies"......not quite the DW) with my aging mud tires.....even swapped out the stabilizer. As soon as I removed my factory version, I realised that wasn't the problem - still had some pretty good resistance. But 2 more payments and this Jeep is MINE!!!!............so I see some new tires in the near future. Hopefully, that will cure my "wobblies" too!!
Thanx for keeping us posted throughout!

wobbly mud

Yeah, wobblies is a good way to describe it. Every time I hit 50 mph for more than a few seconds i'd get the wobblies. It wasn't really bad and I could make it stop by speeding up just a bit or slowing down. Sounds like tires may be your problem as well.

Back