Jeep got broken into...again

Man that stinks. I had my radio stolen out of my car in broad daylight one time right in front of my house.

Why is it you can never catch these guys?

Well, Terry, You might wanna run out and get a Lottery Ticket while your luck is that good! I can't believe your stuff was returned! I'm very glad it was, but amazed it was at the same time. Sounds like the mother was too ashamed to take her own kids to return the stuff. Kinda makes you wonder what kind of lesson she is teaching them at that young age if she can't own up to the things her kids did.

I wonder why someone takes just a faceplate what good is it with out the radio. I got into the habit of just leaving it in the jeep guess I'd better start taking it in. Glad it worked out for you.

If the kids were as young as Terry said, they were probably too dumb to know any better... just grab the shiny stuff and run.

I had a friend who wired his power into his body somehow. Everytime you touched it you get a shock! lol He had a switch under the fenderwell to turn it off/on.

I had a friend who wired his power into his body somehow. Everytime you touched it you get a shock! lol He had a switch under the fenderwell to turn it off/on.

:agree: Good to hear u got your stuff back... Hell i was a bad kid in my teens but i had someone set me straight like that woman did for them hopefully they learned their lesson.

Hmm... Good thing you got your stuff back. Not many people are that lucky.

For anyone i'd recomend: Crime stopper SP 300, get it with a
-2 way pager (so you know when someone is messing with it)
-Perimeter sensor - warning if too close, full alarm if they dont get away. (Also good for when you have your doors off and the dome sensor is not working someone reaches in BAM! full alarm)
-Shock sensor - warning if touched (like a handle being probed) full alarm if touched too hard (like a kick)
-Dome sensors (if the doors are opened)
-Pin sensors on the hood. (for the thief that wants your battery)

Set it with active arming so you dont have to worry about remembering to activate it ... it does it for you.

About $89.00 on Ebay. Its working a treat for me. I had it professionally installed for 299.00 total all parts and labor.

some pics of the kit
Jeep Broken Into Twice In a Week - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

And here's a video of viper, which is almost the same.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have been looking at alarms. That Crimestopper has the features I want and is in my price range (>$100).

I've got a viper in mine, along with the motion sensor (for when the doors are off), as well as a garage door opener interface. I ended up wiring a switch to my door pins, and can now arm the Jeep with the doors off (just using the interior motion sensor).

Crime stopper and Viper are the same company I believe.

One thing that I've learned - these alarms don't work well if you don't arm them :(

Glad to hear it worked out....Hopefully the kids were shaken up enough to remember it for a LOOOONG time....at that young age maybe it will turn out a good thing for them.

Back