Jeep graveyards

Junkpile

Around here, Jeeps are hard to find in junkyards. Most of the yards around here already have them sold before they unload them off the flatbed. I can't imagine it's too much different in other areas, so I was wondering if maybe you guys could post some junkyards you might know of that specialize in Jeeps.

The only one I know of around here is Eastern Automotive Inc.
The address is 1551 Lee's Union Church Road-----Four Oaks, NC 27524
Phone: 1-800-949-4101 or 919-934-4101
www.easternautomotive.net

I have used them over the past couple of years, they always seem to have the hard to find stuff. Rows and rows of CJs,YJs, and TJs and a couple of warehouses full of parts. Average prices on most stuff I guess, but I have gotten some REALLY good deals on slightly blemished parts.

Wish I had a Jeep grave yard here close by. I have found several parts picken areas but they are scattered all around. Not in one spot. I hit all of them as often as I can to see when anything new comes in. There are several local jeepers with a few setting around to trade with. A couple of regular yards but not much to pick through. Would be way nice to be able to go into a yard and just ask where are your CJs located and do you have any with such and such parts still on them. I love junk yards. tug

There's a place near where I live that specializes in nothing but Jeeps from old to new. It's in Vancouver, BC, Canada but they have a website and I'm sure they ship to the US. Not everything they carry is listed on the site but I think there's a contact address if what you're looking for isn't listed. Try this: www.gemini-sales.com

There is one about 100 miles east of my house.I tryed to get some stuff from them but they are a big rip off. :? Sully

There are several decent junk yards here with a good number of jeeps. The prices are way way too high though, better off dealing with private sellers :?

There are two around Alabama Jackson and Sons Jeep in Eastaboga, AL (kind of unreasonable on most items). Then there is one in the Birmingham are that I can't recall the name. I have heard that they are good on prices (half doors, hoods, engines, etc). They specialize in Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler products. I can get the number if anyone is interested.

There IS a Jeep junkyard Here in Pa. I havn't been there yet, but I do know that it's up near Paragon. I was given directions, now I just have to find the time to get up there and scope it out.

eastern automotive is great! i called them about a power steering fluid reservior cap and they sent it to me free(im in raleigh,nc)
plan on taking a trip down there to walk around and scout parts,seem to have a great selection,thanks for the link!

here in pa i know of 2, rodneys and storks. rodney's is in dover pa a little north of york. prices are kind of high there depending on what you need and your negotiating skills.

33" tires on a 2in lift

Here in Colorado every third vehicle seems to be a Jeep of one breed or another. I have not seen a specific "Jeep graveyard" but all of the junkyards have Jeeps in them.

Sacredgroove--- When you go to Eastern, you need to have a reason ready to get yourself in the yard. If you just ask for a part, they will try to pull the "insurance won't allow us to let you out there" stuff and make you wait at the counter. Try to talk to the younger dark haired guy and ask if they have any "less than perfect" parts left on any of the Jeeps outside that they want to sell. Tell him you want to look at fenders,rollbars,hoods.....make a list.....anything they can't easily drag to the counter.

When I lived in Western NC, I went down to Pickens SC area to Ironman 4wd which is all jeep, and then there is Farmer's 4X4 in Murphy NC which is also all jeep. Both are good old boy outfits, but Ironman is much more friendly and easier to deal with. They actually would drop ship stuff to me when i moved up to Michigan.

redrooster said:
There are two around Alabama Jackson and Sons Jeep in Eastaboga, AL (kind of unreasonable on most items). Then there is one in the Birmingham are that I can't recall the name. I have heard that they are good on prices (half doors, hoods, engines, etc). They specialize in Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler products. I can get the number if anyone is interested.

i would like the number to the one in birmingham. jacson and son is too expensive. they told me 650 dollars for a used torqueflite 999 with 130,000 miles and then 750 for the transfer case.

Hey man i know this was posted like 10 years ago but do you know the name of that yard bham? I need one desperately

Back