left turn indicator is on.

abe

Hey everyone its been a long time since I had a problem. Witch is a good thing. But now when I turn me lights on my left indicator light is on and the signal just dims. I have checked the wiring and there is no signs of bare wire. The turn signal works when the lights r off. I was thinking its the multi switch but I don't want to dump 60$ if im wrong. If any of u guys have had this problem what did u fix.

Turn Left!

Check teh bulb and socket. You mention the wiring but corrosion in the socket will do it too.

Edit check all of them. Sometimes the rear lights effect the front.

Yep, check all the bulb connections on the sockets. Make sure all the bulbs involved are functioning. If the symptom still exist, wiggle the hazard switch while the left turn signal is on and see if it intermittently flashes. If not, check the grounds on the front and rear lamps. If it does intermittently flash, the multifunction switch is bad.

SteelHeadz said:
Yep, check all the bulb connections on the sockets. Make sure all the bulbs involved are functioning. If the symptom still exist, wiggle the hazard switch while the left turn signal is on and see if it intermittently flashes. If not, check the grounds on the front and rear lamps. If it does intermittently flash, the multifunction switch is bad.

I do have led rear lights but they r fine I pulled them out yesterday along with the front ill try the hazard switch. Thing. Thanks

Whoa!! Wait up!!, now you mentioned about an LED lamp on the rear, this changes the scenario a little bit. LED conversions would sometime require load equalizers and or an electronic flasher module. I have had the same issue on my CJ when i had converted all the lamps to LED's including the instrument gauge lamps except the driving lamps. Since the left side has less resistance due to the lenght of the wiring to the lamps from the signal circuit, it's likely to NOT flash due to the lack of load in the circuit. The remedy was installing a "Load Equalizer" in the turn and hazard circuits. Also in addition to that, i also installed an electronic flasher that keeps the flash at a steady rate. Try this test, add an incandescent bulb on the left turn circuit and see if it flashes. If it does, you probbably need to install that equalizer.

Ok will try that I have load eq's on the less and they flash fine. Buy the electric flasher I don't have.

xt master said:
Was it the flasher?

Sorry it does look like I said I fixed the problem I ment I fixed the message sorry. Still looking for the problem.

Sorry it does look like I said I fixed the problem I ment I fixed the message sorry. Still looking for the problem.
I had the same problem, and when I cut into wiring going to rear lights it fixed the problem. I put those 4-pin GM style connectors in by your left foot to have a piont for tow harness. When I put the ground to the firewall, the problem with the left turn on went away. SO........I think it IS a grounding problem. :party:Just my 2 cents.

Greenebelly said:
I had the same problem, and when I cut into wiring going to rear lights it fixed the problem. I put those 4-pin GM style connectors in by your left foot to have a piont for tow harness. When I put the ground to the firewall, the problem with the left turn on went away. SO........I think it IS a grounding problem. :party:Just my 2 cents.

There has got to b a short I have traced my problem to the black and yellow wire. If I am correct in saying it is the wire that gives me parking lights. I noticed a ton of corrosion on the light fixture as well as a really mangled wire. I think the light fixture is the culprit bc I used a tester and I have power and blinker and a good ground. Every time I hook up a + the stupid thing shorts and goes dim. Leave the black and yellow off and it stays bright and no indicator inside. But no parking light on the left side. I think ill deal with that till I get a new light housing. Thanks everyone for the help.

There has got to b a short I have traced my problem to the black and yellow wire. If I am correct in saying it is the wire that gives me parking lights. I noticed a ton of corrosion on the light fixture as well as a really mangled wire. I think the light fixture is the culprit bc I used a tester and I have power and blinker and a good ground. Every time I hook up a + the stupid thing shorts and goes dim. Leave the black and yellow off and it stays bright and no indicator inside. But no parking light on the left side. I think ill deal with that till I get a new light housing. Thanks everyone for the help.

Thats most likely to be the problem. Let us know when you replace the fixture if that fixed the issue.

Mine does it form time to time..I bang the fender and it will fix itself.:lol:

xt master said:
Mine does it form time to time..I bang the fender and it will fix itself.:lol:

That's funny. Tried that too. Also try beating your head into the steering wheel. Lol.

Up here in the PacNW electrical gremlins :mad:are well known for oxidizing grounds, as if our Jeeps didn't have enough issues with oxidation and rust. I first learned about this on my bike, a '78 Z1Rtc

Back