Lift on my '95 YJ

bigTlilODD

Ok, I'm looking at getting a 3.5" lift for my 1995 yj. And I have just a couple questions, that I'd like all of your opinions on...

drop pitman arm? yes or no?
I have 28" tires (ya, they're small) on there right now. will that look REALLY bad?
How badly will my steering control change?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I put Rusty's 3.5" kit on my '95 with no negative effect on the steering, other than the steering wheel off-center, and that's easily fixed in the garage by lengthening the draglink. I had a drop pitman arm, but didn't need it.

The 28" tires won't look too bad, until you can afford larger.

Do you have the 2.5L or 4.0L engine? What axle gearing?

had a 4" lift w/32's on my old 91 sahara - went w/the pitman arm drop - dont know if i needed it - they say it helps w/avoiding bump-steer but only really needed w/power steering... fun to change but if you got it - might as well use it - helps w/the extreme angles too...

I ran my 3.5" BDS lift without a pitman arm for almost a month. It was ok, but I did notice a slight bump-steer (Jeep wanted to jerk to the side when hitting a big bump) that was corrected after putting it on.

2.5L with a 5 speed should have 4.11 gears. Not sure if an Auto had the same or not, but 4 cyl autos were rare so I'm assuming you have a 5 speed. 4.11's

I would also use the drop pitman arm. As far as how it would look, right now I have about 8 inches of lift with 31/10.50's, and it doesn't look TOO bad.

As far as gearing, do all 2.5L's with a 5 speed have 4.11 gears?

8 WRANGLE AC

Regarding the tires - I have 3" suspension and 2" Body Lift with 31's. Doesnt look too bad but will be upgrading to 33's this summer. There is a lot of space in there.

You may want to think about getting some larger tires for it. Its just one thing after another :D

Here is a picture.

image-missing.png

Ya, I'll definatley get bigger tires, but most likely not until these wear out.

Back