M416 Trailer

daveplot

I wanted to share some pics of my 1966 M416 trailer rebuild.

I purchased a friends M416 trailer almost a month ago. It started like this:

image-missing.png

After buying new lights, regreasing the bearings, paint, NOS reflectors, new shocks, and tagging it, I have this:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

The original data plates were missing, so I ordered NOS ones the other day, they should be here sometime this week.

I'm going to be getting a truck bed liner and cutting it down to fit inside the trailer some time this week. After that it will be all ready to be towed on the beach.

Nice, did you get it from a surplus store?

i was going to say the same thing as rooster, i'd say spray it, or roll on liner, much like what people use on the inside of their tubs. get some quality roll on liner and it would probably serve you much better. i'd rather be cursing cause i got liner on my hands than cursing cause i still can't get the plastic liner to fit, even after measuring twice and cutting once. plus, the liner will preserve the life of the metal better than a liner would, those just trap moisture between the liner and the bed. good luck either way.

The liner isn't a plastic one, it's a rubber one. A LOT cheaper than a spray on liner.

I have hurculiner in my Jeep now. It's ok for the inside of a vehicle, but no where strong enough for a trailer or a pickup.

the way i look at it is just that you put so much work into that trailer, and really made it look nice (good job!), to me, its worth protecting it, i've heard nothing but raving reviews about line-x. either way you go, good luck.

Back