making it quieter in ye olde cherokee

Benskate1

between the thin floor, loud leaky exaust, and noisy off road tires, its impossible to talk inside my jeep, anybody have some ideas on how to make it uieter on the inside? its driving me nuts!

put some street tires on....replace all of the performance exhaust w/ stock oem parts and put 3 layers of carpet in your xj...o and get some megaphones so u can talk :D

Blazer heater upgrade question

The trick is to find something that doesn´t trap moisture (lets the moisture evaporate) and quiets sound. My Limited has extra rubber pads, under the carpet and felt. I´ve got an extra piece of rubber, 1/4" thick as a protection for the carpet in the back and thick rubber floor matts. Helps some, but does trap moisture and will probably eventually cause rot. I cut up some old floor matts to fit under the seats.
Painting a coat of, odorless, undecoating, usually wax based, inside the doors and rear quarter panel also helps. Brush on works better than spray. A lot of work for moderate results.
I just bought a quieter muffler, the Edelrock, just got to loud with age. I can´t listen to the radio , without turning it way up.

Back