Max Lift and Tires

If I were to get a 6in suspension kit, am I able to buy a kit with everything I need? Or would I have to get other parts as well? What are some recommended companies that are reasonably priced, as well as decently made? I know it wouldn't be even remotely close to cheap, but I'm just trying to do my homework before I jump into this, and make sure I know what I'm getting into and make sure I'm getting the right stuff.

I used to build parts for SKYJACKER and SUPERLIFT. They both make nice quality lifts but you know that they are expensive. I have an old friend that works at SKYJACKER. His name is Ben. He would tell you which lift would give you the most bang for your buck. He is their machinist and we worked together for many years. He isnt a salesman and will shoot you straight.
pm me for details if you want.

And about the speedometer said:
I paced my GMC at 60 mph and I was showing 55mph on the jeep. So I use a formula of mph x 1.1 in my head and that gives me exact mph. I also use this formula to calculate my mileage.

60-55=5
so, 55x1.1= 60.5 mph.
My GMC is exactly correct with my GPS so that is why I paced it to come up with the correction.
If you have a GPS or a vehicle with a very accurate speedo just keep pace while they indicate exactly 55 or 60 MPH. Then find out what your jeep is indicating and apply the formula.
This works easy for me because its easy to calculate in my head while I drive. Now its memorized.
Trick is to keep a calculator handy and multiply your odometer miles traveled (in my case) by 1.1 to give the actual miles driven between fill-ups.
ex. you go to fill up and you indicate 187 miles on your odometer. Multiply by 1.1. = 205.7 divided by the number of gallons it takes to fill up.
Yay.

I need to invest in a cheap GPS for my jeep, it would add a nice bit of technological flare haha. I have an 02 wrangler, which has a tach already, and I usually switch gears at about 2k rpms for each gear. Dunno if that's right or wrong, but I think it feels right. Who knows, I just replaced the clutch when I did my 4:10s.

What about replacement pocket flares or something? Will those eventually peel and flake also?

Back