me=1 torx=0

jeep90

went to sears today to buy some easy-outs. i was looking for the drill bit type and found some different ones. they look like chisels, you first drill a hole then tap the piece into the hole that you drilled. after you tap it in and its nice and tight just turn it. they got my torx bolts out of my doors very easily.

another thing....morris 4x4 center is selling replacement torx bolts for your doors, hinges, etc. for a dollar a piece (pack of 16 for 16 bucks) on ebay. they are the only ones i could find and i searched everywhere.

why in the world would you put a trox back in after you got em out. Search for something to replace them with. any time a trox is out I go back with something that I know I can remove again. tug

use flat head socket cap screws - the company i work for uses them to hold urethane lining inside spouts. these have the countersink type head and can be tightened/loosened with allen wrenches.

Ks. Rocks Rec. Park

from what i gathered, the torx bolts for the doors are a pain in the you know what because they are painted over and thread lock applied from the factory. HOPEFULLY i wont have to adjust those doors again, and since i used good torx bolts this time unpainted i should be ok next time. but i wish that i could have found something else, i was just in a hurry. non-stop working on my jeep for the past two days and im almost done.

Back