New guy needs help.

jeep_tj

I am new to the jeep world and I need some help. I have a few things that are wrong with my Jeep that I just purchased. The one that I am having problems with is the fan switch. The fan does not come on for any speeds. It does flow air through the vents when its on the low setting but I don't think the fan is actually doing it. I have heard that the switch can go bad so I am going to try that out tomorrow. What do you guys think it is? I did check fuses and also replaced the blower resistor. Can you guys send me or post pictures of where the blower is located and also the relay? My Jeep is a 2002 Wrangler 6cyl. Thanks and I also would like to know if you all think this Jeep was worth 10k?
:)

Attachments

• DSCN2093.JPG
    DSCN2093.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN2092.JPG
    DSCN2092.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN2098.JPG
    DSCN2098.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN2097.JPG
    DSCN2097.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 93

For 10k I would want everything working before I bought it.
Nice looking jeep though good luck hope it is a easy fix.

The blower and the resistor is located on the passenger side behind the glove box. If the blower works on high but not the med and lo, it's likely to be the blower motor resistor block. IF you don't get any blower at any speeds, it's likely the fuse or the circuit OR the switch. Check the fuse first.

Thanks to all that have answered my question. I found the issue, it was the switch. Thanks all.

I think it is worth 10K. Its a lil more than blue book but It looks like theres at least $5K just in Hop-Ups on it.

I added up just the stuff I could see and It came out at $6000 in upgrades. I even low-balled some options. If it was wheeled really hard though, You may be making repairs as you go though. Still a bad ass Jeep. Hope your single, If not, your wife may need to be in the jeep with you at all times. These things are a magnet

Last edited:
Murdadock I also looked it up in KBB. What price where you looking at? The trade in value, fair, good or exellent. Where you looking at private party value? when I priced it I saw that the trade in value for that jeep was 10k at fair value. I am new to the jeep world, what do you see that the jeep has that made you say that it had 5k in work done to it? Thanks for any info you give.

Murdadock I also looked it up in KBB. What price where you looking at? The trade in value, fair, good or exellent. Where you looking at private party value? when I priced it I saw that the trade in value for that jeep was 10k at fair value. I am new to the jeep world, what do you see that the jeep has that made you say that it had 5k in work done to it? Thanks for any info you give.

I just guessed at the blue book. and I guessed at the prices or the upgrades and I lowballed a few upgrades, overpriced some, and missed a few too and came up with about $5600. I know I missed the Bumper lights and the HD Stabilizer, that alone could be around $3-400. Here is my worksheet, you can click it to see a better image. The manufacturer of the lights make a huge difference on price, I couldn't tell who made them

Back