New Top

cinnpass

Does anyone have a suggestion on what type of replacement tops are the best? What about the Supertop or the sailcloth top from best top? Thanks :-D

edited by: cinnpass, Feb 05, 2003 - 10:09 AM[addsig]

Welcome to the board! :)

I like my Best Top, but I've not had any others so I'm a little bias.

Todd :cool: [addsig]

Unless something has changed lately the sailcloth top is only available as a replacement for the TJ with factory hardware. It had been a littsle while so double check with the various suppliers. Saying that, I have been super happy with my supertop from Bestop.

Todd[addsig]

I would have to agree that Bestop is the best. I have the Bestop 'Sunrider' top that I have been extremely pleased with. The top allows you to flip the front part back- similar to the way a Geo Tracker top works- which is nice for those days when the air is too cold to drop the top all the way but you still want some fresh air-[addsig]

I like those Sunrider's! They look great. Do they seal up pretty well? How hard is it to roll back that front part?[addsig]

It seals up very well, and only takes about 15 seconds to flop it back. A couple latches on the windshield, loosen the velcro down the front sides and flop it back. There are little velcro tabe that hold the top up out of the passenger compartment. It is very nice on those spring days when the air is fresh but still too cold to drop the top completely!!

edited by: BigBlackJeep, Feb 05, 2003 - 09:15 PM[addsig]

i have the supertop, which i love. looking back though, i wish id gotten the sunrider top
Reggie[addsig]

My mother does canvas work, so i had her make me a new one, but i hear best top's are pretty good.

:cool: [addsig]

Wondering what is the going rate for a new besttop? Are sunriders more expensive than a standard? In Canada, our's go for about $600.00 cdn +. Mine's ready to be replaced as the side windows are starting to flap. :lol: But I want something that'll last for as long it can go.

Tulip[addsig]

$600 canadian??? :-O :-O :-O

That is usually what a new sunrider fetches here in American. Unless you can find on on the internet cheaper- (I got mine off ebay-) That price sounds about right. But for that price I would buy a new one from canada in american funds. I believe that would put it right around $450 for us right?? Hard to keep track of the exchange rate since it is always changing....
[addsig]

Can you put a regular stock replace a top on the frame work of a steelhorse top that flips back like a sunroof???[addsig]

Haven't logged in since my last post, but $600 cdn, is about $375. usd. For us to buy american it's 1.60, but you'd probably get the rate at 1.57 or 1.58. That's a good price for california tops.

Tulip
[addsig]

Is a Factory Soft Top for a '99 TJ vinyl or sailcloth. What year did
Jeep switchover for the softops?[addsig]

Back