No respect at all I tell ya...

TwistedCU

Rodney Dangerfield, the goggle-eyed comic famed for his self-deprecating one-liners and signature phrase "I can't get no respect," died on Tuesday at age 82, his publicist said.

Dangerfield, who became a pop culture sensation with a string of broad film comedies starting with "Caddyshack" in 1980, died at 1:20 p.m. PDT (4:20 p.m. EDT) at the UCLA Medical Center, where he had undergone heart valve replacement surgery in August, spokesman Kevin Sasaki said in a statement.

I read an article about him in USA Today. He smoked pot everyday and was naked every chance he could be. The interviewer said he wore an "open bathrobe" during the interview at Dangerfield's home.

Eccentric as he was, he was a riot. Damn shame.

He will live in eternity for being the only man to execute a perfect "Triple Lindy" in competition. :lol:

Even if you didn't like him.....he helped give SO MANY of the worlds most loved comics their start in the business that he has, in one way or another, brought a little laughter to just about every one of us.

My favorite movie was about going to school. lol He was a funny guy for sure. Not sure about the pot and bathrobe thing. Not a nice mental image!

I agree though, he will be greatly missed but may his work live on!!

Lady

Best Rodney Quote

"Last time a saw jugs like those two hillbillies were blowing in them"

I love his movies! except that crappy Lady Bugs one.

Some favorite Rodney quotes:

From Caddyshack

Al Czervik: [to his Asian companion] I hear this place is restricted, Wang, so don't tell 'em you're Jewish, okay?

Al Czervik: Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though.

Al Czervik: Your a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

From Rodney

I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.

With my wife I don't get no respect. I made a toast on her birthday to 'the best woman a man ever had.' The waiter joined me.

My wife was afraid of the dark...then she saw me naked and now she's afraid of the light.

My uncle's dying wish - he wanted me on his lap....He was in the electric chair.

:lol: Rest in Peace Rodney

Call me when you have no class! My favorite quote form the man! tug

some problems with my xj

Back to School was my favorite movie of his. :lol: I still laugh when I think of scenes from that movie...and I was just refering to the "Triple Lindy" the other day. I don't own a lot of movies, but I just might have to pick that one up some day soon.

Geez, first Sam Kinison, now Rodney Dangerfield, maybe that movie was jinxed. :roll:

Anyway, I'll miss his humor but luckily we have plenty of his quotes and movies to remember him by. :)

4.0 header compatibility

Special_K said:
Geez, first Sam Kinison, now Rodney Dangerfield, maybe that movie was jinxed. :roll:

Funny, I was thinking to myself when I first read the news that so many good comedians die young. I even wrote something to that effect in my original post but edited it out. I didn't realize he was 82 :shock:

That guy was hilarious. I love Caddyshack. Never would have guessed he was 82...

Back