No trackbars

i hear you brother ,,, try buying 5.38s gears at 300$$ a pop (and I INSTALL THEM) and 39" tires 1,200$$ for 4

this jeep thing can kill you ,, but that's life and i love it .. try to get some 35s under that monster ... stay cool BBJ
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

ouch- hopefully it doesn't cost me that much- I was lookin around $189 a set for mine- 4.88's. I would like to turn the biggest tires I can, don't do anything to severe... yet.
image-missing.png

I can a hold of a set of 38's pretty cheap (free)- How long you think the stock axles would put up with this kind of torment, if at all???

(I know it would be a slug, but its a Jeep, not a Camaro...)[addsig]

Bigblackjeep- there's a guy on rockcrawler.com with a tj-8

that he built. he's running 4.88's lockers in a d30 and d44

with 17/40-r15 ground hawgs. yes 40" hawgs. He runs

tellico. the rest is a stock 02 tj w/nv3550.

As far as no track bars, well, your tires will bump into your

frame before your springs ever break bolts or anything.

No front track bar will inhibit steering but youll get used to it.

Besides theres nothing like getting with your buddies at a

ramp and making it look easy.[addsig]

it's all in how u drive it ...... when crawling we don't jump on the gas that hard but on steep hill climbs i havve seen many go out.... this is due to putting ur foot in it while the full weight of the jeep is on the d35 ... my 30&35 held up well under all that stress .... it must have been cause of my 4 banger....

not realy sure if you could flex dem tires with ur lift but if the tires are free go for it ... if not i'll buy them off you .....or let me know what shape they're in ...i have 2 sets of tires and i might trade if they are so,so... one set of two month old 33s and some 35s both over 75%good
image-missing.png

oh if you get those tires try to at least get wide... i mean little backspacing ,,, making ur jeep wide... and watch out for the end over end roll overs when climbing..... with 38s most of us look for extra wheel base .... like around 98" or 99" for that tire...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back