NP435 transmission NP205 tcase combo

Tattman

Hello all I'm new to the forum and have a few questions. I have a 1987 YJ that I'm replacing the transmission and transfer in. I just purchased an np435 with pto backed with a 205 tcase. My question is what kind of mods will be needed to be done to the floor, the skid plate etc to get this heavy thing installes I have already ordered the bellhousing kit from advance adapters along with the external slave cyl and new master cyl. I will also be doing a weber conversion and replacing the distributor with a DUI one any help would be greatly appriciated

The shifter cover between the two seats can come off to give you a big open area. Warrior Products (PN:60742) makes shifter cover with no holes so you can drill them out where you want after installation to make it look clean.

If you are handy with fabricating things the skid plate issue should be the least of your worries.

That trans is about 5-6" shorter than what you had in there. You might have to bend up a shifter stick to make it work so its closer to you and not hitting or going under the dash in first and fourth. Novak and Advance should sell straight sticks that you can bend.

Thanks LGR for the info I'm just trying to make sure everything is going to fit properly so I don't have to keep taking it in and out. Also do you happen to know the overall length of the input shaft my transmission has a 7 1/2" stickout length and I need a 6 1/2" stick out length but everyone I talk to need to know the overall length of it if yo know anyone who may have one can you forward their contact info thank you

Last edited:
Back