Oil pump stud/adapter/housing

jerms14

I am trying to find a part number for the stud you screw the oil filter on for a 1977 cj5 304. I am not really sure what the name of the part I need is. Anybody ever need this replaced and know what/where I should be looking?

I tried to do the same search as you've no doubt tried and hit a roadblock as well. It's U fathomable that there is no part available . Tried Dormans products as a last resort and came up empty. It seems that the part MAY be included with a replacement oil filter cover , as the part is called but it would be rediculous to purchase a oil filter cover if one is not needed just to obtain the threaded stud you seek. Maybe a call to the dealer is in order . It is doubtful but worth a shot. If all else fails , you'll have to get one off an engine at a salvage yard. Does your threaded stud have a forged hex that a deep socket or box wrench can access for removal ? I believe it should . Although many filters have the same thread size with regards to thread pitch and diameter , be sure to obtain one from the same engine to be sure should you opt to get one from salvage. Be sure to bring a filter with you to check fit to be on the safe side.

Thanks Steady,

Exactly it!!! Can't believe it's gonna cost me $25 but worth every penny to get back Jeepin'!!!

Back