Other Hobbies?

mingez

Okay, in an effort towards continued "getting to know" our fellow Jeepz.com peeps, I thought it might be fun to ask what everyone elses' hobbies are.

While I think we ALL agree Jeeps are king, what else gets you going?

I'll start:
Sportsfan: 49ers, Sharks, Goldenstate (I'd sell my entire family for a Niner superbowl victory)
I play hockey Ice and Roller
Drawing (charcoal and pencil)
Edit film and video
Useless trivia. Endless pursuit of knowledge important to nobody but Jeapardy fans. I read textbooks for fun.
Movies, Love 'em, but I'm an elitest when it comes to films.

second is me then. i'm an internet zombie. I just found out the joys of internet 7 car stud..heh. Fan of painting little guys call warhammer(mayhap somebody knows it). Video games and o'corse toying with my jeep. I'm not much into working out or anything of that sort. I'm a wake up, go to work, come home, computer/tv, sleep, rinse and repeat kinda guy. Everynow and then thats done at the girlfriends house. I'm lazy.

let's see... my hobbies:
my web site
model railroading
photography
geocaching
SCA (medieval recreation)
camping
Sci-fi movies and books
Computers of course
and the rest I can't mention here since its a family forum.... :wink:

I am a jack of all trades, I love to work with my hands! and what I do in my free time reflects that. plus:
Building cars
Motorcycles
Anything motorsports really
Sports
Music
I collect simpsons memoribilia
I collect Shot glasses
I recently got a fish tank, so trying to keep them alive has been a hobby.
Outdoors things!
OK I will admit to it, Drinking, but am not a alky
Hundreds of things more! I will try anything at least twice

Driveline Angle

Ok Im a hairdresser/stylist so Yes I love what I do.
Im a computer game freak!!!
I take yoga 3 times a week (very relaxing) something you absolutly need with a 2 year old. (got that graewulf :wink: )
I also share the intrest of motorcycles with my hubby, I will never own my own but I do know how to ride and hop on his once and awhile.
And I knit. Hat and scarf anyone????? :p

University of Alabama fan through and through. Anyone see Alabama beat Stanford in the NCAA tourney, roll tide baby. I love to play sports, plan on playing football at Samford University next season. I go to Street rod shows, as you can tell from my sig. I am currently building an a-model similar to that one. I love camping and hiking, and backpacking. I like mountain biking when going downhill, not back up though. I play video games when I have nothing else to do. Other odds and ends, but that's about it.

GRAND CHEROKEE PARTS NEEDED...

Hunting, deep sea fishing, camping, canoeing and any other outdoor sports. I like to video my hunting and Jeep riding adventures. I have a mound of videos form the last 3 years. I hope you can all see them on the Outdoor Channel's "Busch Light Outdoors." (yeah..that's just a dream)
Oh yeah...Nascar. I'm trying to visit a new track every year. So far I have Talladega, Daytona, Atlanta, Bristol and Charlotte. Richmond this year and Vegas next year.

Well I guess I am next....:)
I shoot trap and long distance target.
When I dont have a gun in my hand I throw fake flys and try to convince a stupid trout that it's edible.
When its too cold to shoot or fish I attempt to kill myself on the ski slopes either on my snowboard or skis...so far I am still alive:)
I own two ATV's a Banchee and a 250R on Alcohol and Nitruois...yes I have a death wish...ok live with it.. I do LOL
When I am stuck at home...(wimpering from playing weekend worrior) I love to read Sci-fi/fantasy and write.
I fence with the SCA for my weekly arobic exorcise :p (damn Ice cream demons)
and in all between that I fill my home life with a my wife and two kids.
And yes LGR I know and used to play War Hammer...been a RPG player ever since D&D came out... and yes I still own my little white box for those who used to play

My other passion is dirt bikes. Mainly tracks cause I race em' fast! "I like to ride" - Me
I am in a band, and I play the drums and I do vocals.(yea yea, but someone's gotta do it)
Going to see movies on friday and saturday nights and just hanging out with my friends.
Watching the show "trucks" on sundays.
Working on jeeps after I watch trucks.
Oh yea, I am a really good bench wrestler! I am the king!

shoot guns
write/record music
debate
learn
mechanics
specialty mechanics (offroad/drag race)
hang with the crew

- My favorite sport (yes it is a sport!) is sittin back with a couple of cases of beer with some friends and going fishin wether it's in a boat or at the river. I like river, lake and ocean fishing.
- I'm also into skiing (snow and water)...skied since I was 4 and I'm just getting into snowboarding.
- Camping.
- Golfing.
- Watching hockey (Go Canucks!) and playin roller hockey.
- Woodworking.

Forgot to mention I just got into skydiving this summer and love it!

-I go to school....
-Currently I have a full time internship working at the Department of State.
-also valet part time on weekends :shock:
-play hockey (intramurals at school and men's league once a week)
-follow the Red Sox, Patriots and Boston College men's hockey teams religiously
-I like video games on my computer and xbox (cant wait for halo2!!!)

all in all i'm just a laid back easy going guy.....and i spend the rest of my time and money on my jeep!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention FISHING!!! It's just been so long being down here. There's no water near here worth a damn. Fly fishing is my fav, but ocean, bait, ice are all great fun.

Ok, here's the list....

Paintball, Team Sliver Clan. I play rogue. I just sit at the back of the field and shoot as much paint as possible.

Mountain Bike. I love it, except for the fact that we are fighting with Kirtland AFB to save our trails, that they want to take away.

Snowboarding, except not much snow in New Mexico this year.

VW Bugs
Gold Prospecting
Archery
Fishing
Camping
A few others
Trying to keep the rest of life from getting between this list and me.

Hobbies?
There may not be enough room for everything I'm into but I'll list some.

I'm very much an outdoorsman and I really like motorised vehicals.

I currently own;

78 Suzuki GS1000E.
96 Vulcan Classic 1500
76 & 77 Jeep CJ-7s.
Honda Odysseys & a Pilot (dune buggies).
SnoRunner (motorcycle snowmobile)
Boats; 20' 4 Winns & 18' Hobiecat, 15 & 17'canoes, 12' kayak
Misl. Bikes (ever heard of the recumbant E Bike?)
RC elec. off road trucks

I previously owned;

Other 4x4s
2 Max II 6 wheel drive ATVs
Quads
SkiDo sleds
500cc Cage Kart

I guess that's why they call me............... "Toyman"

I could list for three hours the things I love to do n my free time, It would be easier for me to say what hobbies I don't have.

ammm

sewing, don't care much for it as a hobby, but I can!

MerkL said:
I go to Street rod shows, as you can tell from my sig. I am currently building an a-model similar to that one.

I have spent the last 8 years working on my street rod! used to be a 41 plymouth, not It is a bunch of different cars.

I love the primer gray color! Rtro 50's rods is where it is at! I am going to paint my suade black (fancy name for flat black) with some sick retro flames off the hood, and front fenders!

Zero rear brakes? 1998 Wrangler "Sahara"

i forgot to put camping.. how could i forget about camping

hmmmmm . . . .
MMORPG's
Computers
Womanizing ;)
Acting the fool
Useless Jeorpordy Knowledge
Hypothetical situations
Computer Networking (LAN/WAN)
Computers (Building, designing, maintaining)
Talking

Back