paranormal activity: have you experienced any?

z_trbl_mkr

So with Halloween only two weeks away, and me living in the area of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War. I have to ask. Has anyone here ever experienced any paranormal activity?

yes, and I have proof. I posted it on youtube. look at the 5:10 - 5:50 mark in the video. oh, our house is haunted. we have seen them looking over the back of the couch or getting pulled back by our arm while walking down the hall or even a light show in the middle of the night. what freaks us out the most is when the dogs attack whatever it is and then run in fear.

Last edited:
interesting ... but im a skeptic at heart cant help it. Looks almost like someone was walking in front of the window and they're reflection is what you saw.

welp, just thought I would share. have you experienced any?

thanks for sharing... i love this kinda stuff.

As for whether or not I have experienced stuff. Kinda lol. I have a couple stories some I experienced some I didn't.

My house has been here since before the civil war. Lincoln rode through our property on a train on his way to deliver the Gettysburg address. I have found old horse shoes, bullets, spurs, and even a few belt buckles on our property. Anyhow back in the day they planted a tree for the birth or the death of a member in the family.

The ex owner of the house decided to take down one off the tree's as it was a hazard to the house. Well from what he told us,that same night someone was knocking on the front door. When he went to answer, know one was there. This happened multiple times through the night. It spooked him enough where he literally walled over the front door from the inside.

Now when we first moved in my door to my room, which is the original door would open and close by it's self. This didn't really creep me out, I figured it was an old house so the drafts and uneven floors were the cause. One night I was reading and my door opened and closed, thinking nothing of it i kept reading. I glanced up at my dog who had started growling and saw my cat rubbing up against air. I'm not talking head rub, I'm talking a leaning into something rub. To this day I have no idea how the hell the cat managed to do it without falling over.

But all in all, unless the ghost appeared and scared the crap out of me, I'm skeptic. lol

I understand. I have been sort of a "ghost whisperer" at times. Have not experienced any strange activity where I'm living now, but when I lived in WI I had a 99+ year old farmhouse. Nobody really knew how old it was. There were some large stones in the ground toward the back of the property, looked as if there had been writing on them at one time. I suspect the graves of the people who lived there 100's of years ago?? Anyway I never disturbed this part of the property.

I found out from my neighbors that the lady that owned the home before me daughter died in the back bedroom of the house. She died from some kind of toxic shock syndrome. What I was told was that she had a cut and was swimming in the creek nearby and the cut got infected from dirty water and obviously there were complications from it. The people were poor and never took the girl to a doctor.

I never experienced cabinets flying open and doors slamming or anything like you see in the movies. What I did experience was one time I was downstairs and my son's toys would turn on and play by themselves. I never got scared but several times got angry because lots of times this would happen during the night. My son had this little play station table with lights and bells. It was one of those things that had a keyboard and it would spell things and play music. Anyway I got tired of it going off so I took the batteries out of it and left the battery box and cover out of it. I went back downstairs and the damn thing started playing again. I knew then that something was up there. I suspect it was this girl. She seemed to really love my son's toys. The girl was only 12 when she passed.

My TV and stereo would come on at random. These are the only things I have experienced having to do with the "paranormal". And it was only in this particular house. I have not experienced this anywhere else and I still have the same stereo and TV in my house now and they have never come on by themselves once I moved from this WI farmhouse. Sooooo you be the judge.:???:

I had one this weekend.. After drinking 2 cans of the Starbucks double shot mocha, 3 hrs. in the blind with my hunter before shooting an 8 point buck, i was smelling something that never came out of me before.. I guess the nausiating smell was enough to get the deer's attention including me..:shock::D

I've always been open minded when it comes to this. Never discounted it, but wasn't one to show that every bump in the night is a ghost. But, I've also always wanted to have an experience. I had mine in April.

My wife and I went to St. Augustine for our aniversary and we scheduled the Ripley's Ghost Train tour. It wasn't my first choice, but the package wasn't much and it included the train that we could take all over town.

We get there for out tour and they hand us a disposable and an "EMF Meter". It was a stud finder, so I'm thinking "....great....". The two guides come out and they exude supernatural from every pore, so at least it looks like we have someone that can at least tell a good story. They explained that the "EMF Meters were actually stud finders (no s***...), but they do detect other types of interference and "can" track supernatural activity. We'll see.

So, we hit the tour and at each stop they divide train in half and each guide takes a group, tells stories and lets each person play around the area. Each stop I was the first off the train and poking around. It's my insatiable intellectual curiosity.

We get to this one place. It's like an old park. There are a few trees, some sparse landscaping and a statue. It's right next to an old house that monks used to live in but is vacant now. Oh, it's also pitch black because there is little to no light back there.

I start walking around the statue with my meter and my camera. My wife is slowly coming up from behind me and the rest of the group is just making into the lot. Good place to make this interjection. At NO time during the entire trip did I get goosebumps or that "ooooooooooooo" feeling as they told the stories. Not trying to be a tough guy or nuttin', just sayin'.

I take three steps around the statue and it hits me. I get chills and every hair stands on end. I stop hit the meter and it maxxes. Look above...nope, no wires or anything that can cause interference. I start walking around the status snapping pictures and hitting the meter Nothing. Even when I get back to the exact same spot. Nothing. I tell my wife what happened and she starts walking around snapping pics with the digital camera.

Look at the orange haze in the first pic. It goes up past the fence between the palmetto and the tree trunk and has no real form. The second pic was taken seconds later. Look at the haze now (right by my left shoulder in the palmetto). It looks like it took the form of a face. I looked for everything to discount this, but can't find a logical explanation. There was no light for relfections, it was clear so no fog and the thing changed shapes so it wasn't something on the lens.

After we rallied up with the guide, she told us that the children in the area would come to the monks, play in the park and eat. There have been recent sightings of a 5 foot tall cloaked figure walking the streets near the house.

Usually our cat welcomes me with open arms (paws?) but this time we walked in and she just arched her back, got that gutteral meow and avoided us all night.

Attachments

• 100_1169.jpg
    100_1169.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 3,927
  • 100_1172.jpg
    100_1172.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 518

I've never experienced anything personally. But My mom owns a house in Rhode Island that was built well before the civil war too. The guy that takes care of it (Lives in a separate house farther away on the property) says he sees all kinds of weird things there all the time. I guess the lights turn on and off at random, Doors open and close, and other stuff like that. It's a descent sized house (around 30k sq ft or more), but he'll walk all through it and no one will be there. Keeps me from wanting to move out there and live in it that's for sure haha.

Last edited:
Back