plastic windows+cold+blunt force=bad

indiemo

in an attempt to remove the snow from the back window of my TJ the other day, I figured it'd be a good idea to give it a good whack with the handle of my ice scraper. that was not a good idea. the ice scraper went right through my back window leaving a 6"X6" hole in its wake. anybody have a good recommendation for repairing the window. I'm getting a new sailcloth top in the spring and was just going to throw some packing tape over the hole in the meantime, but I'm open to better suggestions.[addsig]

eh, you could go to home depot and get a chunk of plexiglass, cut it to 8x8" or something and packaging-tape it on the inside of your hole... it'd prolly do a better job sealing, and then you could get clear silicone to weatherproof it.[addsig]

The wind broke mine, in -5* temp. To much wind whipping the window, then SNAP.

I used packing tape, take the window out and lay it perfectly flat for the best tape job. Don't hardly notice mine, been on there a year.[addsig]

Wow, I didn't realize the windows were so fragile in this cold weather. I knew they were brittle- hope that doesn't happen to me!!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

But if I were to fix it, I think tape would be the way to go-[addsig]

The packing tape will work fine. My cousin did the exact same

thing two years ago. He's still running the same packing tape.

He'll probably be running it for another couple years too.[addsig]

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
cough cough
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
sorry to hear that badluck but its funny i do the same type of stuff to my poor jeep.
image-missing.png

Bobby

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> Dont follow me, you wont make it. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>[addsig]

I used the clear packing tape to fix my driver side window after a thief cut a hole in it to get inside my jeep (my dumb@$$ locked it). It seems to seal fine and I dont really notice it anymore...however I need to get some new uppers anyway...mine were in pretty bad shape before the vandalism...pretty scuffed up.[addsig]

Yeah, when i rolled my jeep the mirror went right through the drivers side plastic window. I guess it was just too cold for the window. But i remedied that by buying some of those plexiglass sliders and theyre working alright.[addsig]

Back