PLEASE VOTE! (for Alex's photo...)

FYI, Currupt4130 is a member here as well. I'm sure his sence of humor differs depending on the forum... but we all back him here.

Yes, I am aware of that. He is a friend of Terry, Alex's father from what I gather from reading.

I can't defend or comment what someone posts on a board that I don't read but Currupt is top notch here.

Last edited:
Phunkeydude, I don't understand why you have to come here and complain about the atmosphere over there. Pirate is Pirate and that is just how it is. I came onto your forum, but did I come talking trash about the way you guys were running stuff? No, I simply came in to say hi, kept my cool, and read a little bit.

Coming over here and talking **** about another board and the way you got treated is meaningless. Pirate is very open, but very closed at the same time. A lot goes, but there is some stuff that isn't tolerated like going to a Tech section on the board and asking for votes when I've already involved the whole board. Chrome tow hooks don't go well over there either.

So what if I offered a little voting incentive? And how do you know there was any truth to that statement I made? So I put up pictures of some random girls? Does that necessarily mean that I had anything to do with them? No. A little attention grabber is needed on a place with 100,000+ members and 500,000+ threads, hundreds which are archived daily to make room for more.

I did my best to even the playing field, I spread it to as many people as I could, as quickly as I could, but ya'll got the better of us. That's fine, I'm not sore about that. What I am sore about is that you had to come over here talking trash about another board and crying and moaning about how you got treated at a place that is unanimously considered rough, rowdy, uncouth, and by far the most hardcore technical forum on the Internet.

Please, take you chrome tow hooks and leave. You aren't making any friends here this way, and I'm pretty sure of myself when I say this whole board stands behind me.

Last edited:
After reading through all this, I see that this wasn't a "photo contest" after all.............or else Alex's would have won far and away. In my mind, kinda says something about the whole "Jeep Jamboree" thing.

Wow, over at Jeep Commander Forum they have a 38 page thread about this... they def. swayed the vote...

39 pages now.

That's sickening.

I've sent the vote around and voted as much as possible myself. It looks like all that posting has ticked off Pirate and they are really in gear now. The lead is closing and it looks like the Commanders are getting a little nervous.

The more deserving photo looks like it actually has a chance now. The sad thing is they know that the kid's photo is better but they don't care.

1. July - Jay Lazzari 116 2%
2. August - Sharon McFeeters 168 3%
3. September - Alex Haglund 2517 44%
4. October - Jay Lazzari 69 1%
5. November - Tom Trotter 2802 49%
6. December - Gordon Meyer 31 1%

Putting a dent in it today!

July - Jay Lazzari 116 2%
August - Sharon McFeeters 168 3%
September - Alex Haglund 2611 45%
October - Jay Lazzari 70 1%
November - Tom Trotter 2810 48%
December - Gordon Meyer 31 1%

Haha, I like the posts on thier forum Firemanharry...

Alex is going to win... the margin is closing even as we speak

I'm curious to know how the vote would've turned out had it been set up as "one person - one vote" (easy to do). I think Alex would've won in a runaway....

BTW.....I've discovered that it's not "one vote per hour"..............we were rained out today, so I played around with the voting!!:shock: :redface: :shock::redface: ......................needless to say, I have quite a few more than "one" vote................:D :D

Last edited:
Me too.

It would've been better to see if everyone voted honestly.....for the best photo.

I hear ya'!! But at least my bazillion votes were for what I thought was the "best" photo............................although the previous "new" poster did motivate me a bit.;)

As of this moment, Alex is nearing a 200 vote lead.........................

We're up 300. Thanks ya'll for all the help. BTW, what was the time margin for voting mud? BTW, the votes were going so fast today you might have just hit on it each time they went up. I know I would refresh my page every 5 seconds and there was always at least 1, if not 5 more votes.

Last edited:
Back