Power aid or tornado air for my 4 banger?

nahual

I just read that is not recomended to have both installed. I don't have any jet but want to try one. It would be very helpful to hear wich one do you all think is better. tnx

Luis[addsig]

I have read several articles about the 'tornado air' that you install in the intake tube, supposed to swirl the air or something like that- have read more than once that it didn't do anything for the vehicle-

Car and Driver did a test on the tornado on a test track, tested both mileage and performace and saw NO GAIN WHATSOEVER. Not tryin to sound like a jerk, just what I have heard in the real world testing. I know it physchologically makes sense- "I bought this part and its suppoes to make my car faster.." so you think that it does, I know, I have done it before and will probably do it again someday.

Hope this didn't come across as sounding like a jerk, wasn't intended to at all, just don't want to see a fellow Jeeper spend money on something that I have read doesn't help at all.

I few more holes drilled into your airbox and a K&N filter will help you out much more than the 'tornado' will...[addsig]

I actually got a k&n air filter and a tornado off of my friend for

free when he got rid of his tj. K&n adds a little power. Tornado's

are junk, for the $65 he spent its not worth it. Didnt notice any

gas mileage or power change.[addsig]

K&N filter 38 bucks, homedepot PVC pipe 2.50, garden seprerator plastic 3.50 install 15 min. can tell difference of pickupand go in my 93 YJ. just my opinion.

Bobby

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Dont follow me, you wont make it. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>[addsig]

Ive built 2 intakes for people with PVC. Neither poser left it white.

The time is well worth it since it will only take a 1/2 hour to set

up, and it makes for much more air flow than stock or just a k&n.

Id keep some sort of air box though, being a jeep it might see

a lot of mud in its future.[addsig]

Thanx you all for your reply. It looks like the tornado air is not going to supercharge my 4 banger engine, so i goin to give a try to the power aid system..
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I wish we could take all the money people have ever wasted on Tornado's, and buy several V8's (or even V10's) and pass them out to all of us. Yeah I think i'll have aaaaaaaaaaaaa hmmm yeah.. Cummins Turbo Deisel V10.... With a side of NV4500[addsig]

A Throttle Body Spacer will increase your low-end torque and improve your gas mileage. I've done alot of testing with different thicknesses and have come to the conclusion the a 1¼" thick spacer smooth-bored to 55mm works best in my case. I have a 2.5L with a 4.0L throttle body. I've found out, thru trial & error, that the Helical design is over-rated and over-priced. The smooth-bore design will also improve your top-end for highway speed which the Helical design will not. My top highway speed, over even ground is 86 mph. My YJ is a daily driver and gets just under 21 mpg, not too bad for an automatic. I would think a 5 speed could do better.

[addsig]

hey Joker, i too, have a 2.5L auto and would like to talk to you about what you've done to yours... i sent you a private message a few days ago, but never got a reply, so i thought i would post here.... Id appreciate any info you can give me

Thanks

Nathan[addsig]

Back