Problem

TiffX01

I just bought a 2008 Jeep Liberty. I took it on a road trip this week and it has 2500 miles on it now. When I tried to start it, it hesitated before it finally started. Then it said change oil. The owner's manual says to change it every 6,000. I had planned on changing it at 3,000. Do you think it saying that is a problem or is it just me?

Hesitated as in the starter hesistated?, the change oil service interval is a setting you can choose.
Oil Change Required​
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change
indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message
will flash in the EVIC display for approximately 10
seconds after a single chime has sounded to indicate the
next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change
indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the
engine oil change interval may fluctuate dependent upon
your personal driving style.
Unless reset, this message will continue to display each
time you turn the ignition switch to the ON position. To
turn off the message temporarily, press and release the
MENU button. To reset the oil change indicator system
(after performing the scheduled maintenance) perform
the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.​
Do not
start the engine
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times
within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position.

NOTE:​
If the indicator message illuminates when you
start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not

reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.

Take it to the Dealership you bought it from and have them check your Battery and charging system. I think the battery may be bad. It should still be under warranty.

It is...I just bought it Tuesday and it was new. I was just trying to see if it as worth griping about or if I was overlooking something.

Definitely worth gripping about especially after you find out how proud they are with the MOPAR batteries price. A bad cell in a battery can cause multiple erroneous DTC's to set the SES lamp on and also some erroneous electrical annomalies to occur. The sooner you get it checked, the better your off.

Lord knows I went through 3 Mopar batteries when My dakota was brand new. Then I finally got tired of the crap and bought a Optima red top.

the chims heard after the hesitation are prob throwing you a code check your owners manual :shades:

I took it into the dealership and the battery and the starter were bad. They put new ones in and everything works now.

Back