Rear disc conversion ford 9"

kingmega

has anyone ever done a rear disc brake conversion on a ford 9" looking for a list of parts that will work or interchange or if anyone knows of any company's that offer a kit

I figured that i would be able to find something online sence the ford 9" is a very well known swap dont think to many people are running one in their jeeps but i cant be the only one who is i have not checked any muscle car sites yet that might be a good place to look

I've heard of people using crown vic parts but can't swear by it. I'm sure there are junkyard parts but you can also check curry or places like summit and jegs.

When doing this conversion, don't forget to consider your parking/e- brake! Lots of times people will forget about that till they are knew deep in the process.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I use a line lock for an e brake. Works great and cost like 30 bucks.

I would love to see how you have that setup! Do you have a manual lock or an electronic system? If its manual, how do you have the plumbing routed to where its accessible from the driver's seat?

I've totally wanted to do this too as right now, I'm rolling without an e-brake....YIKES!

Does it hold once you turn off the ignition?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Im not worried about an ebrake i dont have one now anyway but looks like i might be keeping the drums for awhile ive had no luck finding anything so far

I already have the line lock, distribution block, tubing and the bender. Maybe I'll give it a try! I'd like to see how yours is setup and installed.

the4x4podcast.com
facebook.com/the4x4podcast
twitter.com/the4x4podcast
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Its out of a 77 ford pickup it has the big 5 1/2" bolt pattern with adapters to step it down to 4 1/2 i work at a salvage yard so i have alot open for me but the biggest problem right now is that big bolt pattern my first thought was an expedtion but it uses a 5 1/4" pattern getting to the point were im thinking this might not be possable

Back