Rocker Guards - In search of. . .

jeepngeo

I am looking for an inexpensive and durable set of rocker guards. I've seen then from $200 and up. Does anyone know of how I can get a set a bit more reasonable? I'm just looking for some protection (plus cover up some treated rust spots). Help would be appreciated - Thanks! :-D :-D [addsig]

3/16th inch x 4"x4" angle painted black is the best idea I have seen around here. Cant remember who set it up but it really looked good. I will look for the old post. Tug[addsig]

Hey tug.. do you know how they get the one rocker panels that are stainless to stick? I don't see any holes...

also... I'm trying to design some rocker panels that bolt to the frame, so there isn't drill holes everywhere. When I get the plans drawn up, I'll send 'em to you guys

edited by: GreenReaper93, Feb 11, 2003 - 02:49 AM[addsig]

Ya, go to that URL to see pics, but I used 1/4" steel angle, 4"x4"x56". The bottoms are tapered in at 45*. Another local jeeper made them for me for $80, drilled and painted. I may add 2"x2" square tubing, 3/16" wall, along the bottom edge. Will provide a bit of a step, and a standoff for trees and hi-lifts. 8' of that tubing will cost about $15, and will be easy to weld across the bottom of the vertical.[addsig]

:-D Awesome idea. I'll have to check out some local metal shops and see if the can cut to specs. I already have stock holes in my rocker side from the extra plastic side guard and step. I am looking forward to removing that and the painted wheel well flares to put some black TJ ones on. Has anyone completed this swap? Do the attachment holes line up? :) :) Hope everyone is having a good day. - Geo[addsig]

but I used 1/4" steel angle, 4"x4"x56"
They say that the mind is the first thing to go! Tug's getting old and his memories are fadeing LOL I knew it was a good idea just could not remember last night who's and I missed the thinckness too. Sorry Bounty Hunter but your great idea did stick back there somewhere in the cobwebbs. Tug :roll: [addsig]

Hey jeepngeo I saw some extended panels in my Performance Products catalog from Bushwacker. It's on page 37 of the new catalog. They look pretty sweet. Check it out -www.performanceproducts.com ;-) [addsig]

Green, They do look sweet, but at $370 I could get a set of 5 American Eagle 058's instead. I'm trying to spread limited resources to get the best band for my buck. I do appreciate the help! :-D Primarily I want to get the rocker guards (cheap) then work on the other stuff. :cool: [addsig]

I hear ya man... I wasn't sure what your price range was. I'm saving up for a lift and such... Hope you find some bent steel man! Good luck! GR93[addsig]

hey bounty, is there any chance you could make another set of those if i paid you $$? how much would you consider makin them for? they'd be fore an XJ most likely.[addsig]

I don't think they'd work on an XJ, not enough room to bring them up the sides to bolt them on. You'd be much better off welding steel the length of the rocker, say 3/16" plate. It makes a good tough skid. Or get a conventional nerf type skid that tucks up close to the rocker.

I didn't make these, a fellow club member did. Shipping would hurt, they're heavy.[addsig]

Back