Roll Bar Paint Color

daveplot

I'm trying to choose what color to paint my roll bars. I can't find any place that has factory touchup paint in my color, even the dealers.

Should I just go with a gloss black, or a flat black? Any ideas?

I'm going to pull the roll bar out so I can herculine. The roll bar pads on there now are dull and ripping... so they aren't going to be reinstalled.

image-missing.png

well i'm not really sure what i would do with mine if i were in your situation,

Flat black would match your flares

the glossy black will match your grill gaurd

i think grey would look great (love grey on navy blue) (yes GREY!!! not gray)

Some people get carried away with the Herculiner. I don't think it looks good on anything but the floor, and it's not even as good as some of the other products out there. The Bondo brand bedliner from Advance is what I use. It is a lot tougher than the Herculiner I had before. A friend of mine has something called Durabak (I think). It has held up well also.
Go wit metallic silver or metallic gray on the roll bars. It looks almost as good as yellow.

RE: Re: RE: Roll Bar Paint Color

haha speaking of going overboard with herculiner, i saw a CJ out at school for sale... it was PAINTED with herculiner on the outside! i knew exactly what the thought process was behind all that, but the first words out of my mouth when i met the seller was "whats wrong with the paint!?"

herculiner is a good thing if used in moderation (IE. the floor)

nate

Herculiner definatly is not going to go on the roll bars. I looked closer at the roll bars tonight and I'll probably leave them alone for now... see if I can find someone to paint them factory color at a later date.

I painted my roll bar gloss black, and it doesn't really look to glossy. It looks like a compromise between gloss and flat black. I went with gloss black, b/c it was what I already had at the house.

RE: Gordon Shumway.

dingus said:
haha speaking of going overboard with herculiner, i saw a CJ out at school for sale... it was PAINTED with herculiner on the outside! i knew exactly what the thought process was behind all that, but the first words out of my mouth when i met the seller was "whats wrong with the paint!?"

herculiner is a good thing if used in moderation (IE. the floor)

nate

I've seen two or three Jeeps like that. Of course, that was my first thought when I saw the first one, too...."What the heck happened to his paint job?!?"

redrooster said:
Some people get carried away with the Herculiner. I don't think it looks good on anything but the floor

X2!

I also don't like that "wrinkle" black that is on some of the new bumpers and other accessories.

Chrome!

JK
I would not put Herculin on there, we did it to a buddy's, didn't come out as good as you would think it would, we ended up taking it to get linexed, that turned out great!

RE: A Gadget Moment

I like the colors that ants mentioned.......a base color close to your jeeps, then (dare ya to be different like HGTV!) faux paint with grey. Spray some grey on something, dab a sponge in it, then dab and twist here and there on the roll bar. If you get any "wussie" comments from guys about your faux paint, say "it's camo paint, moron." If any comments come from gals, then say "it's been fauxed, er... I fauxed it,....no....wait...a.... want me to faux yours?"....Hold up your hands and say "meet the fauxers!!".......OMG this word is SO MUCH FUN!!!!! :oops: & :lol: LBR

Paint it the same color as your headlight bezels.

daveplot said:
I'm trying to choose what color to paint my roll bars. I can't find any place that has factory touchup paint in my color, even the dealers.

Should I just go with a gloss black, or a flat black? Any ideas?

I'm going to pull the roll bar out so I can herculine. The roll bar pads on there now are dull and ripping... so they aren't going to be reinstalled.

Some of the automotive paint suppliers have equipment to determine the paint color and how it is mixed. They can usually hit it right on. Is that the factory color or a custom mix?

I just painted mine to match the nerf bars I repainted.

mike

Re: RE: Jeepz.com videos

It's factory color. I'm sure I can go to a body shop and have them paint it, but there arn't any spray cans available for my color from the usual suppliers such as plasti-kote or duplicolor.

Back