Serpentine Belt installation

Finns

The decals are not on my TJ so I searched for a diagram to no avail. Broke down and went to the dealer for a drawing.

I will try to explain how it goes on for other people that need the info.

First off remember that standing in front of the vehicle-driver's side is right and passengers side is left.

At the bottom of the crankshaft pulley run the belt up the right side of crankshaft pulley up to the left side of the tensioner. Around the right side and over the top of the power steering pulley. Under the bottom and up the left side of the idler pulley. Up the right side, over the top and down the left side of the air conditioner pulley to the left side and under the bottom of the alternator pulley. Over the top, down the right side and under the water pump/fan pulley to the left side and bottom of the crankcase pulley.

If you don't have A/C go from the P/S, under the idler to the top and around the altenator.

I found that it helps if you draw a picture of the motor with all the pulleys on a piece of paper and draw a line as described above for the belt. (for practice)

I hope this helps. If not I'll snail mail a copy of the diagram I got from the dealer to who ever needs one.

Finns.

Which engine is this for?

Here's one for a 4banger, I believe it's 95.5 YJ and newer, to incude 2.5L TJ's.
image-missing.png

If you can email your diagram to bountyhunter@sija.org I can post it. I'd appreciate it.

Back