Shift/interlock cable 99 cher 4l 6

tass10

Hi guys need to replace shift/interlock cable was wondering if its a big deal to replace. Up in the column area. 99 jeep Cher 4l 6

The cable attaches at two points : the shift lever and the steering column ignition lock.
Remove the center console to access the cable on the shift bracket to remove it there .
remove lower dash panel and remove steering column support bracket and carefully lower and support steering column. Caution : you must carefully support steering column while not bolted to dash to avoid bending column tube. Lower column just enough to work , cable is clipped to a bracket close to ignition , dimmer and turn signal wiring. Disconnect cable from ignition switch linkage . Carefully reassemble same and adjustment is made at shift bracket.

image-3751960261.jpg

Thought I would post this for you . I found it on line in case you may want a reference . I know the job off the top of my head , but have not pulled a column w/shift interlock in a while so I thought you may want something line by line that may have a better
description than my post .

Your welcome . I'm busy with one cherokee , I can only imagine the time and expense of two ! Best of luck brother . Greg

Back