Sound Bar

JohnnyO

I'm going to get a sound bar pretty soon. What is the best way to run the wires to the radio?
Down the side and under the carpet (could get wet), or can you go inside the roll bar, or?
Thanks.

For the most part, it doesn’t matter. Wires are sealed. Unless you’re splicing sections of wires together. And I wouldn’t recommend that. Just be sure to make left speaker wires are the same length as right. Keeps the resistance the same and volume will be the same.

Mine are ran down the outside of the roll bar with plastic cover.then under the inside lip of the door sill.I would not run on the floor under the carpet.Water will break down the coating if it sit in the water for long periods of time.

Got the sound bar in about two weeks ago, BTW. Had some pics on the 'puter someplace, can't find them now. Ran the wires down the rollbar with zip ties and under the console. For now the map lights are wired to Accessory so you have to have the key on for them to work, but eventually I think I'm going to wire them into the underdash lights so we can leave them on like a dome light. I didn't want to go to a Battery circuit because I'm afraid she'll leave them on and kill the battery.

Ran mine under the rollbar pad on passenger side-crossed over under the door sill and up the kick panel. Wires did not need splice anywhere along the way. Overhead lights are best wired to the accessory side of your switch as they can be easily bumped and can turn on and drain your battery. It has happened to me 2 times already thanks to a little 3 year old "GREMLIN"

i'd love to run the wires thru the rollbar, instead of along the side...if i take off my rollbar padding, the wires show. I want to remove my padding, but haven't yet because of this.

mine is run down the passenger bar and hte lights are wired to the factory interior lights to come on with the doors opening. i don't know if thats how all the saharas came or what but it was like that when i bought it

Just my 2 pennies...I used tower speakers from a wake boat bought them used- came with clamps to bolt down on to the roll bar. They look very good.

Back