speedo gear

desertrunner

So I regeared my Cherokee to 4.10s and my speedo is way off and I'm ready to buy a new speedo gear but here's my problem. My Cherokee is a
2wd . Usually the year is in the transfer case so I need to know of the gear in the tail of a 2wd ax15 is the same for the transfer case. If anyone knows I would greatly appretiate it

93xj 4.0 manual

Hey desertrunner , long time ! Hope all problems worked out with the steering column and lights ? Ok , I looked in my 1992 Chrysler FSM , the best reference I have , should be ok for your 1993 , according to the transmission and transfer case chapter , for the AX15 it says to install a speedometer drive gear for 2wd which you no doubt have. For either t-case NP231 or NP242 , the main shaft does not have a removeable drive gear but is cut into the shaft and if I understand your plan , this does not help you . Just wondering if now you must search if there is a 2wd speedo drive gear of different ratio to correct the MPH in accurate speedo reading. I think we will have to consult a higher source , this looks like a job for the good doctor , BOUNTY_HUNTER. Here is very knowledgeable on these specific technical questions . I tried to do his light work for him , but I do not know what is the best option short of pulling the tail off and changing the gear , if done that way. I'm wondering if the speedo adapter is swapped for different ratio ?

Steering column is all fixed. Blinkers don't work but my horn fixed itself one day messing around with Buddies haha anyways. Yeah I need to know if the gears are the same. I've found them and the charts say I need a 37 tooth best I just don't k.ow if its the same for a 2wd I don't wanna pay the 30 bucks to do.d out its wrong

Trying to remember from our last postings if the turn signal and hazard flashers were changed and what result ? From what I viewed in my shop manual , the ax15 set up for 2wd has a removable speedo gear and of course 4wd the speedo cable goes to the t-case and the main shaft of the t-case has different speedo teeth which appear to be cut into the shaft as the pic does not show it in exploded view but is in exploded view for the ax15 in 2wd set up.
Sorry I cannot be of more help .

Back