Staun beadlock install

Thats a pretty good way to put it T.C. I think airing down on the trail is a good idea, but a lot of people do it just because everyone else is. I don't think alot of guys have tried different pressures to know where their vehicle performs best at. Somebody else said 7 psi so they run 7. Every vehicle is different, every tire is different. Weather conditions also dictate tire pressure. If it's wet, I will run 2 psi higher than normal because I know traction will be negative anyway and I will be in the skinny and need more differential clearance. If it's dry, I will run 5 psi. In Hot Springs, I felt like I needed to air down to 3 to broaden the footprint on the loose rocks. I never did though.
Some of you may think that is getting way too scientific, but you can tell a difference in the seat.

Very true, I've found that about 6.5 is right where I like it. Yes I said half.

You must half the same half pound increment, digital, Autozone, el cheapo $12 gauge that I use. They are pretty good gauges. Mine actually gets used more on the riding mower than the Jeep.
I guess we have completely gotten off beadlocks. Please resume by letting us know what you are going to do with the Staun's. I'll give you $200 for the set.

Thats a pretty good way to put it T.C. I think airing down on the trail is a good idea, but a lot of people do it just because everyone else is. I don't think alot of guys have tried different pressures to know where their vehicle performs best at. Somebody else said 7 psi so they run 7. Every vehicle is different, every tire is different.

You got it.

You guys run beadlocks, have big tires, and like to play in the rocks. It makes sense to go that low. For a guy with 31" tires to air down that low is almost counter-productive considering how close the axle already is to the ground beforehand.

I'm not discounting the value of beadlocks or airing down low. I'm just thinking with all the stuff that could be bought to better equip a Jeep for the trails, beadlocks would be one of the last things I'd buy. I'm not saying I wouldn't run them or even like to have 'em, but there's so much more that should be put first like armor, traction devices, upgrades to the driveline, strengthening the steering... I could go on.

What do you guys think about this customer service??? Here the email from Staun. Check it out. The Managing Director of Staun calls his Customers Idiots!!!

To: <grandbrass@hotmail.com>
CC: <lee@staunproducts.com>
Subject: RE: No luck installing your product.
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:13:12 -0700

Dear Frustrated,

We are dissappointed that you could not install our bead locks. They are admitedly challenging to install, but they are installable and have proven themselves in thousands of race and consumer applications. It sounds like you have done the right thing for you, by returning them. However, if you choose, I could assist you with the installation process.

Harry Lewellyn
Director USA Operations, Staun USA Inc
(949) 645-7733
fax (949) 645-7738
P. O. Box 12137
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Harry@Staunproducts.com
www.Staunproducts.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 6:06 PM
To: 'Harry Lewellyn'
Subject: FW: No luck installing your product.

How do you want to handle this idiot Hazza!

Or shall I respond.

Lee Davis

Managing Director/CFO Staun Pty Ltd, Staun USA Inc

Email lee@staunproducts.com

Mobile 0401 922749 ph 61 755 960955 Fax 61 755 960977

Web www.staunproducts.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: GRAND BRASS LAMP PARTS, INC. 24 MEADOW STREET, BROOKLYN , NY 11206 [mailto:grandbrass@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, 17 September 2006 1:20 PM
To: info@staunproducts.com; sales@staunproducts.com
Subject: No luck installing your product.

I just spent 3-hours trying to install a staun beadlock. After much frustration I ripped it out and put it back in the box. I give up. There going back for return. What a piece of crap. The instructions have three pages of what could go wrong when installing them. Hand that to a tire installer and they hand the things right back and say no way. Four wheel parts, 4wd, and quadratec wont install them. Now I know why. Since you cant see inside you never really know if there on right. If they are not they are useless. If there is any soap on the bead and the tire spins on the rim at all the valve can rip off the tube. So if something does happen on the trial like you rip a vavle stem off you will want to kill yourself. You will not be able to repair it nor will anyone else want to try. Further more if a nail punctures the tire and the tire goes flat the nail will puncture the bead lock. So what form of reliability do they add to the Jeep. Right now if I blow a bead or burp air all I need is air. With the staun if disaster strikes you need a magician.

What do you guys think about this customer service??? Here the email from Staun. Check it out. The Managing Director of Staun calls his Customers Idiots!!!

To: <grandbrass@hotmail.com>
CC: <lee@staunproducts.com>
Subject: RE: No luck installing your product.
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:13:12 -0700

Dear Frustrated,

We are dissappointed that you could not install our bead locks. They are admitedly challenging to install, but they are installable and have proven themselves in thousands of race and consumer applications. It sounds like you have done the right thing for you, by returning them. However, if you choose, I could assist you with the installation process.

Harry Lewellyn
Director USA Operations, Staun USA Inc
(949) 645-7733
fax (949) 645-7738
P. O. Box 12137
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Harry@Staunproducts.com
www.Staunproducts.com

Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 6:06 PM
To: 'Harry Lewellyn'
Subject: FW: No luck installing your product.

How do you want to handle this idiot Hazza!

Or shall I respond.

Lee Davis

Managing Director/CFO Staun Pty Ltd, Staun USA Inc

Email lee@staunproducts.com

Mobile 0401 922749 ph 61 755 960955 Fax 61 755 960977

Web www.staunproducts.com

From: GRAND BRASS LAMP PARTS, INC. 24 MEADOW STREET, BROOKLYN , NY 11206 [mailto:grandbrass@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, 17 September 2006 1:20 PM
To: info@staunproducts.com; sales@staunproducts.com
Subject: No luck installing your product.

I just spent 3-hours trying to install a staun beadlock. After much frustration I ripped it out and put it back in the box. I give up. There going back for return. What a piece of crap. The instructions have three pages of what could go wrong when installing them. Hand that to a tire installer and they hand the things right back and say no way. Four wheel parts, 4wd, and quadratec wont install them. Now I know why. Since you cant see inside you never really know if there on right. If they are not they are useless. If there is any soap on the bead and the tire spins on the rim at all the valve can rip off the tube. So if something does happen on the trial like you rip a vavle stem off you will want to kill yourself. You will not be able to repair it nor will anyone else want to try. Further more if a nail punctures the tire and the tire goes flat the nail will puncture the bead lock. So what form of reliability do they add to the Jeep. Right now if I blow a bead or burp air all I need is air. With the staun if disaster strikes you need a magician.

I think we should all call his cell phone and tell him he is an idiot for having his info forwarded back to the customer.

Well, posted earlier don't know what happened, anyway let's try this again. If It were me I would get in touch with his boss to see what will happen maybe come and install them for you and give some money back who knows.

Well, posted earlier don't know what happened, anyway let's try this again. If It were me I would get in touch with his boss to see what will happen maybe come and install them for you and give some money back who knows.

yea, just read your other post, there are 2 topics going now for this same thing.

Back