suspension lift

josue estrada

the time is now 9:42 AM. Finally got a day off from work. Time to put in the new 4inch pro comp suspension lift. Lets see how much I can get done by the end of the day.

12:30. found out all the bolts are a lot harder to take off than expected.

alright. has anyone ever bought the pro comp 4 inch suspension kit? I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the u bolts wont fit. I'm not sure if I received the wrong fit or if I am doing something wrong.

A day or two soaking in PB Blaster really helps stubborn bolts.

Have you tried all the u-bolts? I've installed many RC kits and the parts are generally accurate.

I was trying to use the bump stoppers as blocks to lift it. That was real stupid of me. Finally I looked online and found out what they were. Front end is finished now. Everything is a lot more smooth now

its going well. I can't work on it often because of work and school so its on pause right now. I did get the front end finished except for missing the mount where the shocks sit. so im looking for a way to mount the shocks

Before I can even start mine, I need to pop the body off and do some welding..

So I couldn't find the mount where the shocks go to on the yj so I simply bought some plates for the cj. Once I found out that they aren't wide enought to fit on the yj I cut off the male ends from the cj plates and welded them onto the missing yj part. I then sanded and repainted the yj plates. Here is the finished product. Lets hope its an ok mount for the shocks. It was welded pretty good.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20121011.JPG
    Snapshot_20121011.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 340

There's no set angle for any given lift, you just have to ensure the ujoint angles are correct for your type of driveshaft.
2joint_angle-1.gif

cv_angle-1.gif

Unable to make the pic large enough to see anything.

Good time to upgrade to the Ford 8.8 rear axle.

i will probably get one out of the scrap yard. What do you guys think the best rear end to look for would be?

Back