The OFFICIAL Random thread

Scubadude where ta f are ya and what ya doing? Hows your jeep holding up for ya

Just finished std sat morning sourdough toast, nursing a cup of Joe with fu-fu creamer added.. sun's up and the trust jeep is crying in the driveway wanting to go bye bye.

Just finished std sat morning sourdough toast, nursing a cup of Joe with fu-fu creamer added.. sun's up and the trust jeep is crying in the driveway wanting to go bye bye.

STD = sexual transmitted disease How did it work out for ya? Sorry about your luck.

Okkkaaaay sure.... Not I said the catjuggler. I've had the same carcass companion since 1981... Are you having problems gettin yur elevator to go fm the basement to the attic again??

Okkkaaaay sure.... Not I said the catjuggler. I've had the same carcass companion since 1981... Are you having problems gettin yur elevator to go fm the basement to the attic again??
My elevator never did go all the way up.

Well.. I checked it out... I I gotta say.. it appears no-one attended acting classes ..

I think the major Honda repairs are finally over. Finished up tonight stuffing the transmission back in after replacing the rear main seal. Did the head 2 weeks ago, replaced the oil pan just before that. Holy smokes I've been under that car so much I should've just grabbed a blanket and a pillow and slept under it.

I think the major Honda repairs are finally over. Finished up tonight stuffing the transmission back in after replacing the rear main seal. Did the head 2 weeks ago, replaced the oil pan just before that. Holy smokes I've been under that car so much I should've just grabbed a blanket and a pillow and slept under it.
Yeah , I spent two weekends over and under a '97 grand am 2.4 OHC , in the rain under a leaking canopy , that I was starting to think the same way. Water,pump , just say no. That was last November / December. Just last week he threw a rod and ventilate the block. Sorry , all the kings horses and all the kings men ( and all the JB weld ) couldn't put this motor together again. Ya think I should of done an oil pump while I was under there ? I do. An aftermarket oil,pressure gauge could have saved this since the muffler was never done and probably couldn't hear any tap or knock . I,didn't notice any. Nor did he.

Last edited:
Yeah , I spent two weekends over and under a '97 grand 2.4 OHC , in the rain under a leaking canopy , that I was starting to think the same way. Water,pump , just say no. That was last November / December. Just last week he threw a rod and ventilate the block. Sorry , all the kings horses and all the kings men ( and all the JB weld ) couldn't put this motor together again. Ya think I should of done an oil pump while I was under there ? I do. An aftermarket oil,pressure gauge could have saved this since the muffler was never done and probably couldn't hear any tap or knock . I,didn't notice any. Nor did he.

Yikes!! Hate to hear-see catastrophic failures (RIP). Yes while JB weld is a pretty dang all-round fix all, it does have its limitations. My last use for it was to seal up the inside of a wheel that had an air leak untill a matching replacement wheel was located. Worked like a charm. Now that the Honda (son's car) seems to be done, I can hopefully get to my truck (check engine light on & exhaust manifold leak) , and my minor jeep fix issues.

Yikes!! Hate to hear-see catastrophic failures (RIP). Yes while JB weld is a pretty dang all-round fix all, it does have its limitations. My last use for it was to seal up the inside of a wheel that had an air leak untill a matching replacement wheel was located. Worked like a charm. Now that the Honda (son's car) seems to be done, I can hopefully get to my truck (check engine light on & exhaust manifold leak) , and my minor jeep fix issues.
Thanks brother . Just thought I'd pass that on . Sometimes I learn from other peoples misadventures and thought that mine will be food for thought for anyone else such as yourself whom I consider to be a hands - on guy that does ALL his own repair and building. Best of luck in all your projects and builds . Greg

Last edited:

Thanks brother . Just thought I'd pass that on . Sometimes I learn from other peoples misadventures and thought that mine will be food for thought for anyone else such as yourself whom I consider to be a hands - on guy that does ALL his own repair and building. Best of lick in all your projects and builds . Greg

No problemo, yeah rowdy loud exhaust easily mask ticking, knocking noises. I've heard people who have had the same end result. Thanks for typing.... !

Back