Wanting To Show & Tell

Looks like a lot of fun! I sure wish we had more trails like that here in WA!

I love Red Rock Canyon! I go every time I go to Vegas, the only problem is that I am always in a rental car and can't go off road...... much. ;) I would love to have my Jeep out there at least one time.

The pictures are great!

:???:That looks like a cool place. Is it to the north of Vegas or down by Henderson? Is it out the west side, up Charleston?:???:

I love Red Rock Canyon! I go every time I go to Vegas, the only problem is that I am always in a rental car and can't go off road...... much. ;) I would love to have my Jeep out there at least one time.

The pictures are great!

rental is the best thing to take,make sure you get the insurance first..:lol:

How do I ... ?

Red Rock Canyon is located about 17 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip. From Las Vegas the Conservation Area can be approached from Charleston Boulevard [north of Sahara Avenue], which will turn into State Route 159; or from State Route 160 [south of Tropicana] to the Junction with Route 159. Just follow Route 159 until you see the entrance.
From the southwest, RRCNCA is reached by taking Route 160 East to Route 159; From the north or south: both Route 95 and I-15 will lead you to Las Vegas and then follow the directions stated above.

The trail that I was on is called Rocky Gap Road. Info from the site.

An extremely rough, four-wheel drive road open to use by licensed and street legal vehicles. Expect narrow road conditions with numerous washouts. Not recommended for passenger cars or other low clearance vehicles. Preparation and caution are recommended. This route not patrolled or maintained.

I may have to move out that way.there is nothing like that on the east coast.As a matter a fact I cant even drive on the state game lands,which my tax dollars pay for.Found that out the hard way.Only place I can around here legally is to ORV parks,which starts to get expensive.

I used to live near Middletown, NY. I wheeled in the Catskills and N.E. Pa.
Moved to the Pacific NW and enjoy it almost daily. Some mornings, I go up top with my thermos for "first light". I find an awesome view, light my pipe, sit back and smile. The snow pack is deep and I do enjoy a mountain blizzard.
In my opinion, an ORV park sucks. Nothing like nature. Do what I did, move!
On the bright side, the N.E. is better than Fla.!

Back