Weird rattle coming from rear-end

Bryan

Hey everyone.

I own a 1997 Grand Cherokee Laredo. I've taken it to the trails a couple times, change the oil 3000 miles, changed the spark plugs, and regular maintence. I'm at about 93000 miles right now, and there is a weird rattle coming from the rear-end of the jeep. I've tried tightening up the back door, replacing the rubber stopers on the back door, and I've gotten underneath the truck and tried to shake anything around that might be loose. I'm really lost about what it could be, and it seems to get louder and louder every day. I'm just wondering if maybe anybody here has had a similar problem and knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Check your exhaust hanger on the tail pipe. Under load the tail pipe could be hitting the shackle.

Check your exhaust hanger on the tail pipe. Under load the tail pipe could be hitting the shackle.

and on the UK/Canuck models the hanger to pipe weld breaks and the exhaust rubs against the rear diff making it sound like there is a big money problem:p nothing a wormdrive clip can't fix though until the spring

Back