What do you all think?

larrymo49

I've supported President Bush from day one...although I have been disappointed in a lot of what he has not done.

Much of this (audio only) monologue from Michael Savage (conservative radio talk show host) makes a whole lot of sense to me even though I don't always agree with Mr. Savage's ideas either.

Do you all agree/disagree? What do you think?

[YT="Savage Report"]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IU4UEeqXJdo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IU4UEeqXJdo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

I've supported President Bush from day one.......

Personally, I had a real hard time gettin' past that line. I'm kinda wonderin' where you've been for the past eight years :shock::shock:. How anyone can still support this shoulda-been-impeached dumbarse just blows my mind. I guess I'm just too old.........used to the "good old days" when you didn't have to worry about the government spying on you without a warrant, when the U.S. would NEVER hold ANYONE against their will without being charged or facing their accuser (I believe that's in the Constitution), when "Big Oil" did not run things, when there was at least a hint of honesty coming from the mouth of our leader ("when Clinton lied, no one died!!"), when I could work hard and actually get ahead a little, before "Weapons of Mass Destruction" (I believe WE'RE the only ones that have actually USED them), before "insurgents" (where'd that word come from???"), before we invaded sovereign countries, before the whole world hated us, back when we actually MADE things here!!!! instead of importing paint stir sticks from Nicaragua and nails from China, back when we tore down walls between countries instead of building them. Our country is in a really sorry shape right now and I put the blame squarely on the White House (and all of the "money" people who influence his actions). "Of the people, by the people, and for the people"...............yeah, RIGHT!!! Once upon a time, but not now.

I cannot believe this S.O.B. has not been impeached............guess you gotta have a BJ to get those wheels rollin'....:?|:?|:?|:?|

Rant over....................

Super-disgusted mud, and Mudwoman standing beside him.

Last edited:
Hey Mud,

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?..:rolleyes:

How can I support this Preident?

Well, first of all I stated that I did not like a lot of what he had not gotten done (especially when he had a Republican congress to work with).

I didn't submit this thread to get into a political argument...although I really like the fact that you don't hold back and aren't worried about this disease called "Political Correctness" when you express your views.

Michael Savage has (and will) step on many toes...but as an older American (me) who remembers much of what you described (although maybe from a different perspective) I also appreciate direct talk.

So...any other views out there?

Larry

Hey Mud,

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?..:rolleyes:

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't hold back next time!!! :rofl::rofl:

All kidding aside, this guy has scared me since day one (do a search..........I've said it on here) and all that I dreaded has come to pass. I don't know what it is you see in this yahoo or what it was you expected.............but IMHO he has dragged this country down to depths we have not known. God help us!!!

I support this president 100%. Best president EVER.

I don't know what it is you see in this yahoo or what it was you expected......

I truthfully expected a President who would be more concerned about mohammed than Monica....and someone who would be more concerned about potential nuclear "scorched earth" than phony allegations of manmade "global warming"...and a President who has respect for our military rather than scorn.

Those were our choices over the past almost 8 years...and frankly I believe it could be a whole lot worse as evidenced by the whiney Liberals in Congress and the self-serving media who have a stranglehold on our country at the moment.

I love this country as much as you seem to..and I only want the best...but one man (or woman) can't ever do it alone.

And as a side note...if you really want to see where the power is in this country you have to look no further than our Supreme Court...so be careful what (or who) you ask for in a President because a president could at any time have the ability to change the complexion of our highest court.

Then God's help will be needed more than ever for our (still) great country.

Respectfully,

Larry

I truthfully expected a President who would be more concerned about mohammed than Monica....and someone who would be more concerned about potential nuclear "scorched earth" than phony allegations of manmade "global warming"...and a President who has respect for our military rather than scorn.

Those were our choices over the past almost 8 years...and frankly I believe it could be a whole lot worse as evidenced by the whiney Liberals in Congress and the self-serving media who have a stranglehold on our country at the moment.

I love this country as much as you seem to..and I only want the best...but one man (or woman) can't ever do it alone.

And as a side note...if you really want to see where the power is in this country you have to look no further than our Supreme Court...so be careful what (or who) you ask for in a President because a president could at any time have the ability to change the complexion of our highest court.

Then God's help will be needed more than ever for our (still) great country.

Respectfully,

Larry

So...did you get what you expected? Or did you get what you deserved? Just curious.

Respectfully,

Ian

p0p

So...did you get what you expected? Or did you get what you deserved? Just curious.

I'll take someone trying to do the right thing anyday...given those choices... over some evil intentioned low-lifes like BC..AG..JK..HC..BO (I think you can figure out the initials)

Larry

I'll take someone trying to do the right thing anyday...given those choices... over some evil intentioned low-lifes like BC..AG..JK..HC..BO (I think you can figure out the initials)

Larry

Sounds pretty party-line Republican to me. I don't give a squat about "parties".....where's good ol' Ross Perot when you need him?? I'm ready for something different....a most definite CHANGE!!!!!.....where ever that comes from.

I would say I supported him on day one and for a while shortly thereafter, but I really think he blew his chance to be great. I'm not that old, but I do remember a time when our country was great and people wanted to be a part of it for that reason. Now, having traveled overseas and talked to a few of those people, I believe we are pretty much a laughing joke compared to what we used to be. Things have changed a lot in my 32 years and they'll never be the same.

However, I also believe that no one man or woman will be able to make it better. I would say I'm republican, but I will not vote for McCain just because I believe he's just a carbon copy of Bush for the most part. Obama may not be the best for this country in the long run, but I have no doubt that there will be significant changes if he gets elected.

Larry

Wow. That's quite a bit of Kool-aid.

Especially this take: "over some evil intentioned low-lifes like BC..AG..JK..HC..BO"

I'm sorry, you're entitled to your opinion, but that type of sentiment is just absurd to me. In fact, IMO is itself evil.

Besides, "Evil" is relative. The entire conservative platform (Save a few things) are in my opinion "Evil". Of course, I also realize many don't share those same values...but I think most do. (Not on Jeepz of course)

Evil is an emotional word, and takes us away from any sort of meaningful political debate.

Thanks for all of your candid resposes to my initial question about the Michael Savage's video.

I hope we all get the kind of change that we won't regret...but just because a candidate is running on a platform of "change"..to me at least..isn't quite enough of a reason to vote for that person.

I want substance over symbolism..and so far I haven't seen a whole lot of "substance"...

Nuff Said...Take Care!

Your kool-aid drinking...conservative...Christian...party-line Republican...(evil?)...Proud American friend and fellow Jeeper,

Larry

Back