What's the oil change trick????

Sorry, I too have used a screwdriver to remove the filter. That was about the only serious part of my post. I saw that pic and thought, "well if there was ever a set-up"

In all seriousness I've never had a problem with oil getting all over anything but me. The problem with semi hot is that there is a little oil left up in the motor and not all in the pan. You'll never get it all out. I have an incline on my driveway and make sure the plug is tilted towards the downslope. That way I get just a bit more oil out. Then I put the plug right back in. Then I take out the oil filter. I bought a cool cap that goes on the end of a socket wrench and fits the oil filter. This is much better than using a screwdriver and much cleaner.

Also, to clean the oil off of your driveway, kittylitter is awesome. Just pour some on the oil then wait a little while. Then grind it in with your shoes/boots. It will clean up that stain very well. (I'm actually not kidding about this)

Well the next oil change, I will be more attentive and see how it goes. I have a Sahara 99 so I don't believe it is an aftermarket skid plate, maybe I just have poor aim. Though I once shot a truck on a Montana Mule deer hunt, so they do call me dead eye!!!! :oops:

I've got a 99 sahara as well and my skid plate is no where near my oil drain plug either. I'd seriously be checking to see (unless you bought it new) if someone has added an aftermarket skid plate, if they have that's cool more protection just a pain to do your oil change.

Back